HunterGreen
Topic Author

Rules interpretation question: stacking Cram

Fri 10 Dec 2021, 14:36

Hoping to get an FL opinion about this but also interested in seeing if the community reaches a consensus. There was some talk about it on the Discord but no consensus emerged.

Suppose your group includes more than one Barding with more than one person who took the Cram ability. At a short rest, is the endurance recovery increased by all of them at once (i.e,. does Cram stack), or only the best score amongst them? The former seems to match rules as written, as nothing precludes it, but perhaps that wasn't the intent, or this scenario wasn't considered.
TOR/AiME Discord: https://discord.me/theonering
Narvi, the TOR bot for Discord: https://bitbucket.org/HawthornThistleberry/narvi/

rostranor

Re: Rules interpretation question: stacking Cram

Sat 11 Dec 2021, 14:26

I would vote no. You have the benefit of having a Barding with you, an Army of Bardings would not be impervious to fatigue.

Spat

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 14:31

The recovery comes from the fact you eat Cram.
You're not recovering more if you eat twice as much (which in fact doesn't need 2 Bardings, you just need to snatch somebody's ration), you're either stuffed, either sick, and with a sore jaw considering the remark about Cram.

Dunheved

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 00:56

It seems the most sense to award only the best result from those with Cram.
Except for those with their own supply of cram - they would eat their own and only get the (reduced) benefit from their personal reward.

Not wishing to take others' supplies (when he has his own), Bill the Barding got his own provisions out. Looking at the cram cakes given out by Matt the master baker, he saw that the other man's crust was a much better colour than his own efforts had ever been. "I must speak with Matt when we get back to a bakehouse at the end of this trip. I could learn something about making cakes that hold their freshness for longer. Mine are clearly a lot drier than his. "