lt_higgs
Topic Author

Missing Character Sheets

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 14:26

Just received my ALIEN RPG Standard Bundle pre-order (physical and PDF). The physical quality is great but the number of typos and rule errors in the books is a little disapointing (as others have mentioned).

As another example, the Chariot of the Gods - Page 5 (both PDF and booklet) states: "This following pages describe five pre-generated player characters—the crew of the USCSS Montero. You can find filled-in character sheets for each PC at the back of this book."

The typo can be overlooked, but the character sheets are completely absent. Not that you can't whip up some yourself, but it would be handy to have them as a pull-out or printable via PDF for expediency. Disappointing given they're explicitly mentioned in the book.

Fenhorn

Re: Missing Character Sheets

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 14:53

For over 450 pages, there aren't that many typos or errors. It's sad of course but it happens.

In the "starter kit pre order version" there was character sheets in the back. The characters are in the book but can be found (among other things) here instead.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

lt_higgs
Topic Author

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 15:18

In the "starter kit pre order version" there was character sheets in the back. The character sheets (among other things) can be found here instead.
Correct, the filled-in character sheets are contained in the "starter kit" on pages 162. However, these are missing in the final PDF version and the printed COTG booklet. That's a massive oversight. While I can go back to the starter kit, those without it will miss out.
I've also checked that link, and while there are printable character bios, there are no "filled-in character sheets" to download. It would be great if those could be added, as the assets clearly exist.

Also, I'm aware that a 450-page book will contain an odd error, I've read gaming PDFs before. I honestly don't care too much about grammatical errors or misspellings like "hemorrhaging", but a few are key to playing the game and really should have been caught. The "Weland" logo for a start, missing Pilot skill, vehicle fast/slow action contradictions, coldblooded/merciless mix-up, stealth movement contradictions, and who knows what else as people are only just getting the books.

That's not a great sign of quality control, especially when people have spent big money on limited editions. Missing simple things like character sheets that already exist suggest things have been a bit rushed.
Last edited by lt_higgs on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

Fenhorn

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 15:25

If you are displeased with the product, please contact support@frialigan.se.

lt_higgs
Topic Author

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 15:40

Will do.

Pily

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 18:08

Just received my ALIEN RPG Standard Bundle pre-order (physical and PDF). The physical quality is great but the number of typos and rule errors in the books is a little disapointing (as others have mentioned).

As another example, the Chariot of the Gods - Page 5 (both PDF and booklet) states: "This following pages describe five pre-generated player characters—the crew of the USCSS Montero. You can find filled-in character sheets for each PC at the back of this book."

The typo can be overlooked, but the character sheets are completely absent. Not that you can't whip up some yourself, but it would be handy to have them as a pull-out or printable via PDF for expediency. Disappointing given they're explicitly mentioned in the book.
I am not sure this link will work but on the Facebook Page of Alien RPG their is someone that has added a downloadable PDF with the characters from COTG if that helps

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alienrp ... 626504424/

Fenhorn

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 18:18

It worked for me. It should be mentioned that it contains spoilers.

Valyar

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 18:19

Sheets and other nice stuffs here: https://frialigan.se/en/games/alien/?downloads

Pily

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 20:08

It worked for me. It should be mentioned that it contains spoilers.
I did forget to mention that but it does go to the page that tells you what's in the PDF so it's really up to you if you want to dowload it or not

Pily

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 20:12

Sheets and other nice stuffs here: https://frialigan.se/en/games/alien/?downloads
Very nice Valyar i did not know they had sheets up for COTG yet have they just been out up?