Daydren
Topic Author

Leading walkers

Thu 09 May 2024, 00:05

How would you handle leading walkers in this game?

A few scenarios:

A single person leading a few walkers, like michonne did in the series.

A whisperer leading about 6-12 walkers.

Leading a swarm or even a hoard via car, motorcycle, etc.

Usually i have them make a mobility roll and depending on the results either an swa or some break off. But im looking for other methods.

What do you do for these?

Nilo

Re: Leading walkers

Fri 10 May 2024, 16:42

There are the talents Pet Keeper and Whisperer for PCs who "constanly" walk with the dead, Michonne style or like the Whisperers.

To herd a swarm I would make it into a project, asking the players to describe what the PCs do, and then defining everything needed. Otherwise, with few walkers and no apparent difficulty, perhaps no skill roll at all - just let them succeed and move on with the story. Endure if it takes a lot of time and effort. Stealth if it should be done without people noticing it. Mobility if it is about herding them through an area where the herder (the PC) needs to move around like a "sheep dog". Perhaps a Survival roll if it seems complicated to understand how to do it. So it depends :)

Daydren
Topic Author

Re: Leading walkers

Sat 11 May 2024, 22:06

Good ideas and thats mostly what ive been doing. The players in question would not have those talents so its more like when they were leading away the giant herd in season 6 i believe it was. It seemed simple enough with the cars but could also go wrong at any time.

Anyone else got some ideas on this?