Coyotito
Topic Author

Healing trauma

Wed 06 Sep 2023, 15:08

Hello everybody,

If i understand correctly, there is no way to recover from trauma unless u 1/ sleep for 4 hours and 2/ have the appropriate resource, since the healing skill can only be used to 1/ recover from "broken" status 2/ heal critical wounds.

1/ Can anyone confirm my reading is correct ? 2/ if this is correct, i find this rule to be excessively penalizing since it slows down the game a lot (players have to rest a lot in order to prepare for dangers ahead they cant foresee), did anybody find another way around that ? 3/ when a player's wit is damaged, does he need 4h rest per point of attribute to recover, or just 4 hours to recover it all (it seems to me the rules imply they have to sleep 4h per point, but it also seems "artificial" to just add hours of sleep).

Thx a lot if anyone can enlighten me and sorry for the english.

Fenhorn

Re: Healing trauma

Wed 06 Sep 2023, 16:01

Yes, in order to recover trauma you need to rest for four hours and also spend a resource.
* Strength: One ration of food per point of Strength to be restored.
* Agility. One ration of water per point of Agility to be restored.
* Wits: At least four hours of sleep. Restores all lost Wits.
* Empathy: A moment of closeness with another mutant. Restores all ost Empathy.

The resource is on top of your daily needs of grub, water or sleep.

So if you have two trauma in strength, you need to rest for four hours and eat two rations of grub besides the one grub that you normally need to eat. To recover wits, you need to sleep for four hours on top of the normal four hours that you need to sleep. To have a moment of closeness with another mutant here is a GM discretion thing, but the easiest way to do this is that the mutant spends some time (an hour or two?) with a mutant he considers buddy or an NPC that you like.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Coyotito
Topic Author

Wed 06 Sep 2023, 18:35

Thank you very much for clarifying this for me.

DruidGamer

Thu 07 Sep 2023, 17:22

If you have the Healer role from Genlab Alpha then they can use their specialty skill Brew Potion to (wait for it) brew potions that instantly recover 1d6 of a specific attribute once per day. If you’re only using the original book then aside from a few mutations, Fenhorn has covered it all.

Coyotito
Topic Author

Fri 22 Sep 2023, 15:22

Thank you.