creativehum
Topic Author

Damage for Fragmentation Grenades

Sat 12 Aug 2023, 06:35

On p. 112, the fragmentation grenade is listed twice -- once next to the image in the middle of the page, and once in the table at the bottom.

The stats in the middle of the page state a Damage of 2 and a Crit of 3.

However, the stats in the table, however, list a Damage of "-" and a Crit of "-".

Is this an error? Which is correct? Or is there a rule that explains this somewhere in the text that I missed?

Fenhorn

Re: Damage for Fragmentation Grenades

Sat 12 Aug 2023, 07:54

Yes, a couple of the infograph images for grenades are wrong, the table is right.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

creativehum
Topic Author

Sat 12 Aug 2023, 16:19

Thanks!

creativehum
Topic Author

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 17:35

A follow up question:

Fragmentation grenades have a base damage of 2. They have a blast rating of C. Their armor modifier is +1.

Given all this, the most damage a fragmentation grenade can do is 2 damage. (Two successes off a pair of C or D dice, which offer base damage +1 for three points of damage, and then -1 for the weapon's armor rating.)

My players were curious why the cap on damage is so low, given that we have images in our head that grenades can be really dangerous.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

baldrick0712

Sat 19 Aug 2023, 07:30

...and then -1 for the weapon's armor rating.
Where are you getting this from? The +1 Armour rating makes armour more effective but if they aren't wearing any armour it has no effect. Body armour was designed to make things like grenades less deadly but against an unarmoured person you can actually score 3 damage and get a critical. In addition, a flak jacket doesn't cover the whole body, only the torso, so you could take a 3 damage critical leg or arm hit if the target location isn't the torso.

See example on p68. "Without the flak jacket, Diaz would have suffered 3 points of damage and taken a critical injury to her torso".

creativehum
Topic Author

Sun 20 Aug 2023, 01:16

Baldrick, thanks for that. I had forgotten a weapon's Armor modifier only applies to armor -- which makes perfect sense when I type it out like that.