EbonHand
Topic Author

Ghosts and Cold attacks

Fri 24 Feb 2023, 03:26

Hello all, new GM here. Loving the system so far!

I have a question about attacks that apply the Cold condition. Ghosts have several attacks that apply Cold on hit. If one of my players is *already* Cold (either through a previous attack or events prior to combat) and they are hit by an attack that applies Cold, do they have to then make an Endurance roll for repeated exposure to Cold? Or is the second Cold effect just ignored?

Fenhorn

Re: Ghosts and Cold attacks

Fri 24 Feb 2023, 09:14

Normally when you get the Cold condition you got it because of cold weather and then you have to do the same Endure skill roll again at the same interval.

Since this is not cold weather it is just an effect, there is no skill roll at certain intervals (unless the weather is also freezing cold of course), but another cold attack could be seen as one of those intervals, triggering the Endure skill roll.

I should say that this is my interpretation of how it works.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

pellejones

Fri 24 Feb 2023, 11:46

Endurance roll for cold is how i would rule it

EbonHand
Topic Author

Wed 01 Mar 2023, 00:51

Thank you for the replies! I actually had this situation come up in my last session. I ruled it as a Cold interval, as suggested here. It ended up killing one of the PCs! The player didn't seem terribly upset, but I wanted to get more information, as I am still learning the system. Also, the party managed to defeat the ghost, but it will not stay banished for long...

Konungr

Tue 14 Mar 2023, 20:13

So, my players are currently in the fall heading into winter season. They disturbed a ghost and one of them got cold. The attack + the cold effect managed to put them out of the fight (broken). I determined that the next interval would be the next quarter day. They had this quarter to successfully make camp and get them by a fire to get them warm or she would die of hypothermia. They failed.