Gilamunsta
Topic Author

Military Officer Starting Gear

Tue 14 Feb 2023, 22:08

Officers can choose from either the Officer track or their Area of Expertise (Combat Arms, etc.) for skills. But, what about starting gear?

Can they choose from either their Area of Expertise or Officer, like the skills? Or Officer only? Or can they mix?

Fenhorn

Re: Military Officer Starting Gear

Tue 14 Feb 2023, 22:19

The rules say that you choose which of the two column to use for each career bonus. So you can choose to use Officer skills but Combat Arms specialties (if Combat Arms is your function).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Gilamunsta
Topic Author

Tue 14 Feb 2023, 22:54

The rules say that you choose which of the two column to use for each career bonus. So you can choose to use Officer skills but Combat Arms specialties (if Combat Arms is your function).
Good answer, but I was asking about starting gear. I know you can mix and match skills/specialties =)

Fenhorn

Tue 14 Feb 2023, 23:45

Good answer, but I was asking about starting gear. I know you can mix and match skills/specialties =)
Starting gear is one of the so called career bonuses that you got to choose either column of.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Gilamunsta
Topic Author

Wed 15 Feb 2023, 09:59

Starting gear is one of the so called career bonuses that you got to choose either column of.
Works for me =)

ckosacranoid

Thu 16 Feb 2023, 07:37

The really stupid thing is that until the last game I ran, someone pointed out that an officer had to pick an arm of the military to follow. I ran it as a different thing for some demo games and one campain....duhhh.