StereoVoodoo
Topic Author

Luminescence broken?

Fri 09 Sep 2022, 08:37

(sorry for my English)

Luminescence can blind the enemy. Most monsters don't have Wits. Does that mean they can't attack, because they can't make a Scout check.

Fenhorn

Re: Luminescence broken?

Fri 09 Sep 2022, 08:52

If a monster doesn't have a skill (or the attribute of they don't have the skill), they can't make the skill roll. So in this case, the monster is blind for a turn (per MP used). Most monsters have agility so they can (try to) escape.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

StereoVoodoo
Topic Author

Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:10

If a monster doesn't have a skill (or the attribute of they don't have the skill), they can't make the skill roll. So in this case, the monster is blind for a turn (per MP used). Most monsters have agility so they can (try to) escape.
If monster leave battle, that means players win contest. 2-3 MP = EZ WIN

Fenhorn

Fri 09 Sep 2022, 10:41

If monster leave battle, that means players win contest. 2-3 MP = EZ WIN
The mutation only last for one combat round per MP used so the monster could simply just try to keep the distance for that time and then attack again. That will drain the MP out of that mutant quite quickly.

edit: But that will of course give the players a chance to flee from the monster.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore