gyrovague

Re: Ruins of the Lost Realm Beta PDF Feedback

Mon 02 May 2022, 16:41

Loving the book so far. Noticed what might be a small lore typo on page 7 (11 of the PDF.)
The west coast of Middle-earth is steep and stony, with few good places to land — for twice the world has been utterly changed, westerly lands drowned by the wrath of the Valar, and now waves crash against rocks that once stood far inland.
If this is referring to the War of Wrath and not the Downfall of Numenor, it's not solely the Valar that sank Beleriand. Details on it aren't very specific, but it's implied to have been because of the massive power being exchanged by both sides, so both Melkor and the Valar were responsible. "drowned during the War of Wrath" might be better.

You don't consider Melkor a Vala?

I guess he probably hadn't paid any membership dues in a while.

Inculta

Mon 02 May 2022, 20:00

You don't consider Melkor a Vala?
I guess he probably hadn't paid any membership dues in a while.
Good point.

miguelaco

Wed 04 May 2022, 12:22

RotLR, page 93:

When describing 7. THICKETS, game effects of Athelas are given as:

Player-­heroes carrying athelas and rolling HEALING to reduce the severity of the injury of a Wounded individual gain (1d). If the roll is a success, then the hero that is being cured additionally removes 1 point of Shadow. Using athelas on a Player-­hero who is not Wounded does not have effects in game terms.

Core rules, page 191:

In the table ENCOUNTERS ON THE EAST ROAD, when rolling 2 in the feat die (Fallen King), similar effects are described but with no Shadow removal.

A sprig of it can be harvested, allowing a hero to gain (1d) when making a HEALING roll. It is consumed in the process.

I guess the version in RotLR should prevail, but it would be nice to have a note about it in the core rules errata.

elenius

Mon 16 May 2022, 18:15

Probably too late, but p.88 has Eärnur spelled "Ëarnur" several times.

ShadoWWW

Mon 16 Oct 2023, 11:58

I found an error in I found an error in Starter Set, a volume of the Shire, page 8.
More than one such rascal’s name has been heard all the way in Bywater, carried nearly five miles on a northwesterly wind, as an angry gaffer or gammer bids them stop such foolishness before they rightly hurt themselves.
The thing is, winds are in fact referred to where they are blowing from, not where they are blowing to. Bywater lies to the northwest of the Three Farting Stone. If the wind were from the northwest, the name could be heard at the stone. But if the name of the rascal is to be heard in the Bywater, it would have to be carried there by a southeasterly wind.

Akarumi

Mon 16 Oct 2023, 14:48

The map in the PDF of Ruins of the Lost Realm (Endpaper I and II) could be updated to the one in the book. It's nice and handy to know where the adventure sites are located.

Otaku-sempai

Mon 16 Oct 2023, 16:15

I found an error in I found an error in Starter Set, a volume of the Shire, page 8.
More than one such rascal’s name has been heard all the way in Bywater, carried nearly five miles on a northwesterly wind, as an angry gaffer or gammer bids them stop such foolishness before they rightly hurt themselves.
The thing is, winds are in fact referred to where they are blowing from, not where they are blowing to. Bywater lies to the northwest of the Three Farting Stone. If the wind were from the northwest, the name could be heard at the stone. But if the name of the rascal is to be heard in the Bywater, it would have to be carried there by a southeasterly wind.
Your comment is in the wrong thread. This one only concerns Ruins of the Lost Realm.
#FideltyToTolkien

Akarumi

Wed 08 Nov 2023, 17:02

Thank you for updating the map in the Ruins PDF!