droggar
Topic Author

Newbie Question

Wed 17 Aug 2016, 09:46

Where is everyone getting the info regarding the game? Are there any previews from the creators or it's comming from the swedish version?

Thanks

ps: Thinking of adding a transhuman twist to the game inspired by buddhist religion and "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny. It matches the game setting from what i have seen so far perfectly... Some far off colony, cut of by the rest of humanity for a long time which developed their own beliefs.

baylox

Re: Newbie Question

Wed 17 Aug 2016, 10:07

There have been a couple of previews in the kickstarter updates and the kickstarter itself. I believe Fria Ligan has also answered som comments on the kickstarter and apart from that there are a few, like me, who have the Swedish version and try to help out answering some questions.

Also, that sounds like a cool addition and I could definately see it work in a remote system, an isolated space station or asteroid colony that gets precious few visitors.
Titta vad jag gjort! / Things I've created:
Coriolis - talanger och referensmaterial
Symbaroum - Unsung Heroes of the Abomitorium
Ur Varselklotet/TftL - mysterier & spelböcker

droggar
Topic Author

Wed 17 Aug 2016, 10:30

There have been a couple of previews in the kickstarter updates and the kickstarter itself. I believe Fria Ligan has also answered som comments on the kickstarter and apart from that there are a few, like me, who have the Swedish version and try to help out answering some questions.

Also, that sounds like a cool addition and I could definately see it work in a remote system, an isolated space station or asteroid colony that gets precious few visitors.
many thanks ;)
and yes this is what i was thinking, with the whole thing being mixed up with a reincarnation etc, not as a tech that everyone uses but as a "religious" practise

Vainamoinen

Wed 17 Aug 2016, 10:50

ps: Thinking of adding a transhuman twist to the game inspired by buddhist religion and "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny. It matches the game setting from what i have seen so far perfectly... Some far off colony, cut of by the rest of humanity for a long time which developed their own beliefs.
I'm essentially trying the same in my Mutant: Year Zero campaign – with a remote arc the inhabitants of which have developed quasi-religious worship of a certain totem. And I'm well trying to spin the prejudice wheel a good bit, as MYZ is basically an atheist scenario, John Lennon's version of heaven. But can the inhabitants of the PC arc really feel superior to the arc with superstitious beliefs when they themselves e.g. retain slavery while the religious "cult" does not?

The same idea can be put to quite some effect in Coriolis as well when prejudice meets prejudice. The strict canon of the nine Icons of the Third Horizon consists of what my mother would call "shelf gods". You call upon and pray to them when you need their help and their protection, they are in a sense instrumentalized because there's empirical evidence that these tools, the prayers, have a measurable effect.

There can be no such effect in the far off colony, there can be no tangible reason for faith. That would probably become my hook for designing that remote colony. Will they arrive at a nobler, philantropist form of religion than the rest of the known universe? Or does the questionable nature of their faith have a radicalizing effect? And how do players react to this situation: Knowing full well that their faith is in part based on science and the colonists' faith is not, would they try to become missionaries? Would they try to demonstrate the power of their Icons on-site as a show for the 'barbarians'?

What if "bad luck" is basically unknown in the colony because they never "generate Darkness Points"?

Well I'll say, I could do a lot with that colony angle. :)