Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Riddermound Feedback

Tue 30 Aug 2022, 13:57

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in the Riddermound adventure in the Quickstart PDF for Dragonbane. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • Do not post comments on the game rules here - do that in the General section.
Thank you!
Fria Ligan

deisle

Re: Dragonbane Quickstart Feedback

Tue 30 Aug 2022, 18:47

Is there supposed to be a way to defeat the Knight at Riddermound? As written, he reset after a Stretch (the Lady Ghost takes a Shift, so that's more reasonably avoided), meaning that the players need to just get what they can (the crown hopefully) and scram? I feel like my players will usually try to figure out some way to break the curse or whatever and at least knowing that the Knight should be telegraphed an unbeatable foe would be good.

Moderator Action: Moved this post to this thread since it is about adventure, the the rule section.

Narl

Re: Riddermound Feedback

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 00:52

Room 3 does not designate which random events can happen there.

Room 2 mentions a bonus to a roll for the rope. I believe this should say boon in italics.

The Lady on page 32. Under Persuadeable change penalty to bane.

Von Ether

Fri 02 Sep 2022, 04:38

Grub - NPC, page 30.

It should be called out that Grub is an NPC either in the text or the header for his sidebar.

Chekmx

Fri 02 Sep 2022, 09:07

What happens if some one cast Pillar on a monster. This requires a Mobility check but none of the monsters have skills defined (Do the automatically fail or are they immune).

rennarda

Fri 02 Sep 2022, 12:27

How would casting Pillar be useful for breaking through the portcullis? Sure the space that used to be taken up by a portcullis is now full of rock? Or does the pillar disperse after a while?

Ilsador

Sat 03 Sep 2022, 01:53

Perhaps Pillar simple lifts the portcullis from below, smashing them into the ceiling above and when the spell ends the portcullis is bent and mangled to a degree that you can easily slip under it. That's probably how I'd rule it if my players tried to use that spell to bypass them.

VorpalMace

Mon 05 Sep 2022, 12:30

How would casting Pillar be useful for breaking through the portcullis? Sure the space that used to be taken up by a portcullis is now full of rock? Or does the pillar disperse after a while?
The spell's description says it literally raises the ground or floor, like an earthquake. That opens up a whole can of worms for usability - and abuse.

jalexandratos

Mon 05 Sep 2022, 19:22

The spell's description says it literally raises the ground or floor, like an earthquake. That opens up a whole can of worms for usability - and abuse.
Not quite. It doesn’t mention “like an earthquake.” I think this one is open to interpretation. I took the wording to mean that a pillar rises from the floor/ground in order to keep a creative player from creating a 10-ft tall column in mid-air and having that drop on a foe. Also took “from” literally (ie the location of the base) instead of “out of” (ie created from the floor/ground).

However, I dig your interpretation. Like the idea of a bunch of potholes and rubble being left after 15 min (a Stretch) instead of the column just going “poof.”

DrAlexander

Tue 06 Sep 2022, 08:52

I have a question about the random events.
When it says for Room 4 "Random event 7–12 can occur here", does that mean that 1-6 (nothing happens) cannot occur?
Or is it just to differentiate it from Rooms 8 and 9, where only events 10-12 can occur?