Topic Author

[Moved] Fria Ligan's Business Model

Wed 24 Aug 2022, 13:44

So...
Any support for T2K out yet?
Nope.
Any support for TOR out yet?
More Nope.
But Free League is going to keep pushing titles and millieux out the door and act like things are hunky-dory.
Let's ask a couple of very basic questions here.
How long has Twilight 2000 been out?
When was the expected Urban Operations box due out?
Let me also point out that The One Ring has only just finished its Kickstarter stretch goals by publishing Strider Mode solo play, and TOR has been out for over a year.
I'm gonna say this as plain as I can:
I'm not gonna back another Free League KS until I see them actually support the products I backed to begin with. I don't give a damn about Tales from the Loop or Post Apocalyptic Magic Swedish Teenagers. I want to see the promised Urban Operations, the Operation Reset Campaign, the reboot of the Vistula Campaign, the new T2K material that's been hinted at. I want to see some support for The One Ring. The Alien franchise support didn't take nearly this long, folks.

HorusZA

Re: Fria Ligan's Business Model

Wed 24 Aug 2022, 14:28

I voiced similar concerns during the TOR Kickstarter:
FL is very good at putting a game together and getting it out there but they're terrible at long-term support. Even their long-running lines only have a handful of supplements.
With them adding more games to their lineup (Bladerunner should be out shortly and their 5e Lord of the Rings announced), I can see things only get worse and not better.

Fenhorn

Re: [Moved] Fria Ligan's Business Model

Wed 24 Aug 2022, 14:40

Moderator Action: Moved this thread to Free League Talk since it is about something else than the games themselves.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 24 Aug 2022, 16:06

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to give all of our games ample support, but of course we realize that players of a specific game would like more modules for it! :)
I'd like to make a few points though:
  • The One Ring was officially released in March, not last year (even though backers got it early). The first module, Ruins of the Lost Realm, is coming in October, 7 months later. The first module for ALIEN was released in September 2020, 9 months after the release of the base game.
  • Twilight: 2000 was released in November last year. Urban Operations has been delayed, for a variety of reasons, but also expanded. We are sorry about this, but we have already started work on three other modules, so we certainly plan to support the game.
  • "Even their long-running lines only have a handful of supplements." I would not agree with this statement. Mutant: Year Zero has nine released content expansions/supplements (not counting dice and the like), Symbaroum even more, of which some are massive.
That said, we do realize that supporting our games with supplements is crucial and it's a key area for us for the coming years.
Fria Ligan

BytomMan

Sun 28 Aug 2022, 05:22

I don’t have a problem with the releases. There is more than enough content to keep me busy. We’re playing Forbidden Lands for example and it will take is another year just to finish the Ravens Purge campaign.

SaFe

Thu 01 Sep 2022, 10:06

Honestly there are many products but for example the Lovecraft /Cthulhu RPG promised in the kickstarter for the Lovecraft books is still missing and the kickstarter was not exactly yesterday. This is kind of dissapointing to see new products popping up and promised ones seemed to be forgotten.
Not to sound too harsh, as i really like many products of Fria Ligan, but also there is no feedback in the comments of the kickstarter about this issue.

SilverSeraph

Sat 03 Sep 2022, 04:28

Having just discovered Free League from the popularity of the Alien RPG, I would just be satisfied with being able to get a reprint of out of print titles like those in the Mutant Year Zero line.