ckosacranoid
Topic Author

My game (Where do we go from here?)

Wed 24 Aug 2022, 05:51

Since everyone has been posting about the games they have been running on here and other places. I thought that I would post the game that I just started a couple of weeks ago. We could not come up with a good starting point so dice, were rolled for a couple of ideas and the dice said we were doing a state-side game.
The Red Dawn movie is our starting setting for the game and the war has been going on for four years. I moved the time live forward to the year 2000 and we started on April 5, 2000. The quotes from the movie where he held them at the mighty Miss and we held at the Rockies. We are doing an east side setting with the Russians Holding most of the midwest and with the help of lots of Central American countries then come up through Mexico. There is a lot of winging of the background on my part and going for fun over things that might be silly at times. What happened for our setup is that the Russians did a push into the state of Wisconsin and Illinois where the US forces were getting ready to start their push. Both sides met up in a battle of Rockford, IL. The group was part of a recon unit that got out after a night drive and holed up on an old farm for about a week to figure out what to do and also for the group to learn the game a little and go over some of the rules.

The group is led by US Navy Captain Daniel Day(Double D). The dice rolls for his background ended up with being a SEEBE type of person who builds things. How he came to lead this unit, we have not worked out.

Next up we have US Army Ranger Sgt 1st class, Gander Walsh(we built him on the spec ops archetype since he joined us at the last moment in our 2nd session.

Next up is the group's person who fixes everything except the guns for skills. US Army combat medic, Sgt 1st class Craig Anderson. The dice loved his getting all kinds of tech skills with everything but weapons. He is the group's Medic, Mech, wiring, computers, and another tech.

Then we have US Army Ranger and Sniper with the very big gun of the Barret light .50(random dice roll for this gun to start) Master Sgt Dakota "Redwolf" Harris. HE uses a Spaz 12 shotgun as his other weapon.

Then we have the groups mascot and driver. We are still not sure how and why this lady joined the group. 11-year-old Tani Black(half black and half Asian young lady. She is about 4 feet tall. The weapon she carries is 5 feet tall and is a family heirloom that served with Gorge Washinton during his war. She carries a .50 cal Kentucky Long Rifle black Powder gun. The group has made comments about it being way too loud for shooting. It was a funny thought on my part to offer to the player. (Tani is the Kid archetype that we worked out for someone that I know. We are playing online and we will see how the game goes after 3 sessions