khusru2
Topic Author

Questioning NPC'S

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 18:47

Hi!
I've been looking in the books regarding interacting with NPC's and can't find anything. My unknowledgeable adventurers have found the Twin Tablets of Agatha and an Elven Ruby. Finding some wise man/woman or priests/priestesses in temples how does one question them about the finds?
Is it in either book but I've missed it?

Thanks for any help in this matter

Farydia

Re: Questioning NPC'S

Tue 16 Aug 2022, 19:29

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking? Are you looking for named NPCs who have heard about the Tablets? Because you won't find those in either book, just make up an NPC who has the required information and might be willing to share it. For a price. Or for a favour. Or for their own secret agenda. They can just ask anyone about anything, it's up to the GM to determine how much the NPCs know and what they want in return for sharing information. If they want to share information at all. Or blatantly lie to them.

khusru2
Topic Author

Re: Questioning NPC'S

Thu 18 Aug 2022, 15:30

Farydia,
Thank you for replying.
I'm new to RPG's in general and the books seem light on this aspect.
I envisaged looking for a knowledgeable NPC who might know of the tablets. In my game the players are generally ignorant of the land, folklore and legends being outsiders. Your answer put me on the right track.

Thank you