Kitsilver
Topic Author

Defender 3, Swing and Swordfighter 2, Melee Charge and Swordfighter 2, Sleepy

Sat 06 Aug 2022, 17:20

1. Defender 3: You can PARRY an unlimited number of times in the same round of combat, but only once against the same attack. Only the first parry counts towards your actions for the round.
Defender 1: You get one free PARRY every round of combat. The extra PARRY does not count as one of your actions in this round.

Question: Let's say I used my fast and slow action for the round. I get attacked and use my free parry per Defender 1. But what if I get attacked again in the same round? Defender 3 says that I have an unlimited number of parries, but I have no fast action left. Can I parry a second time?

2. Swing: Fast action. You swing your weapon to make your upcoming strike more powerful. Requires heavy weapon. If the attack is successful, the damage done increases by +1. Swordfighter 2: You can slash two enemies with your sword with a single action.

Question: If I swing my weapon, does the +1 damage apply to BOTH enemies that I slash if I have swordfighter 2?

3. Melee Charge: When you move from Near to Arm's Length, you can in the same action attack your opponent.

Question: When I charge, can I hit TWO enemies if I have swordfighter 2?

4. Sleepy: You are unable to recover wits normally.

Question: If I sleep once, does that remove the sleepy condition AND recover my wits fully? Or does sleeping once only remove sleepy and recovers all attributes except wits?

Thanks for your help!
Kitsilver

Fenhorn

Re: Defender 3, Swing and Swordfighter 2, Melee Charge and Swordfighter 2, Sleepy

Sat 06 Aug 2022, 18:14

1. Defender 3: You can PARRY an unlimited number of times in the same round of combat, but only once against the same attack. Only the first parry counts towards your actions for the round.
Defender 1: You get one free PARRY every round of combat. The extra PARRY does not count as one of your actions in this round.

Question: Let's say I used my fast and slow action for the round. I get attacked and use my free parry per Defender 1. But what if I get attacked again in the same round? Defender 3 says that I have an unlimited number of parries, but I have no fast action left. Can I parry a second time?
The rank 3 unlimited parry activates as soon as you have spend one of your two standard actions as a parry. Your free parry doesn't count since that is not you spending an action parrying. This is to avoid being to extreme (like you doing a shove and an attack and still be able to do unlimited parrying).

2. Swing: Fast action. You swing your weapon to make your upcoming strike more powerful. Requires heavy weapon. If the attack is successful, the damage done increases by +1. Swordfighter 2: You can slash two enemies with your sword with a single action.

Question: If I swing my weapon, does the +1 damage apply to BOTH enemies that I slash if I have swordfighter 2?
The swing effect will be applied to the attack that happens immediately after the swing action, so the first attack of the the two attacks.

3. Melee Charge: When you move from Near to Arm's Length, you can in the same action attack your opponent.

Question: When I charge, can I hit TWO enemies if I have swordfighter 2?
If you managed to charge two opponents at the same time. If they are standing next to each other in a narrow corridor for example, yes.

4. Sleepy: You are unable to recover wits normally.

Question: If I sleep once, does that remove the sleepy condition AND recover my wits fully? Or does sleeping once only remove sleepy and recovers all attributes except wits?
Since you will remove the sleepy conditions after you have slept for a quarter day, you can't recover anything before that (i.e. you have to sleep for another quarter day).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Farydia

Re: Defender 3, Swing and Swordfighter 2, Melee Charge and Swordfighter 2, Sleepy

Sat 06 Aug 2022, 19:33

Regarding Q4: Sleep + Rest should also work to recover your Wits, right? This may be important if you have the Herbalist or similar talent, i. e. you could Sleep to remove Sleepy and then go Foraging to Rest. Correct?

Fenhorn

Sat 06 Aug 2022, 19:38

Regarding Q4: Sleep + Rest should also work to recover your Wits, right? This may be important if you have the Herbalist or similar talent, i. e. you could Sleep to remove Sleepy and then go Foraging to Rest. Correct?
Yes sleep or rest lets you recover attributes unless you have a condition or an effect on you that tells otherwise. There are some (over-locked) talents that count some of the journey actions as resting.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore