Grimmshade
Topic Author

Re: Blade Runner Replicants NPC's

Thu 14 Jul 2022, 17:47

I used those ratings, but I took some liberty and made sure only one of the 2 attributes rated at the movie level to prevent them from all being too similar.

I did highly consider making Leon intelligence D.

Vader

Thu 14 Jul 2022, 18:07

I used those ratings, but I took some liberty and made sure only one of the 2 attributes rated at the movie level to prevent them from all being too similar.

I did highly consider making Leon intelligence D.

Mmm ... but now I believe you have Zhora, Pris, and Leon all at Intelligence C, while the stats in the movie place Zhora and Pris a notch above Leon.

You might instead consider leaving Leon at C and bumping up Zhora and Pris to B.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

aramis

Sun 31 Jul 2022, 03:33

Roy gave that awesome speech at the end, but he stilled mercilessly killed a lot of people, so low Empathy.

I think the point of Roy’s character arc — and of much of the movie’s plot, come to think of it — pivots around what in game terms might be described in that Roy’s Empathy stat pretty much hockey sticks.

It begins low, but at the end of the movie, it’s off the scale.
I'd argue it was always high, just he was hiding it. He's clearly a PTSD case, tho'... the true sociopaths and psychopaths don't get PTSD, as they don't live regretting the choices which haunt them.

Finally, with Decker, he comes undone... lets it all out.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Vader

Sun 31 Jul 2022, 11:26

Roy gave that awesome speech at the end, but he stilled mercilessly killed a lot of people, so low Empathy.

I think the point of Roy’s character arc — and of much of the movie’s plot, come to think of it — pivots around what in game terms might be described in that Roy’s Empathy stat pretty much hockey sticks.

It begins low, but at the end of the movie, it’s off the scale.
I'd argue it was always high, just he was hiding it. He's clearly a PTSD case, tho'... the true sociopaths and psychopaths don't get PTSD, as they don't live regretting the choices which haunt them.

Finally, with Decker, he comes undone... lets it all out.

We know that the replicants in the movie — particularly Roy — are just about to come up on their fourth birthday.

This means that they enter the story with the emotional maturity — including empathy — of your average toddler.

At that age, not having any history to compare to, kids seem wont to take whatever events they experience as normality, not necessarily being terribly scarred even by experiences adults would deem horrific.
However, kids that age are also in my experience the most narcissistic, selfish, and self-centred creatures on the planet…

Hence — apart from aforementioned on-screen clues — why I would deem all their initial empathies at rock bottom.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion