Kryptographicman
Topic Author

Success Chance Table

Sat 09 Jul 2022, 15:57

I have a question about the probabilities of the Success Chance tables in Coriolis and Vaesen:

The tables should be the same in Vaesen and Coriolis but in Vaesen the table is shown correct but in Coriolis the second collumn seems to be wrong with the numbers.

In the first collumn it says with 1 die you have 17% chance and with 2 dice 31%. In the second row after prayer it says 1 die 29% and with 2 dice 50%.
But shouldn't it be 31% in the second row for one die and 52% for 2 dice?
In Vaesen it has those probabilities in the seconds collumn and they seem correct. Did I miss something in Coriolis because the rolls probablities with prayers seem to be incorrect for me.

Can anyone solve this for me pls.? xD

Thx and greetings, Krypto.

Fenhorn

Re: Success Chance Table

Sat 09 Jul 2022, 16:26

The table in Vaesen seems to be the odd one out here. In all other games, they use the table that you see in Coriolis. I don't know why. Technically it is not that important, the table gives you a rough idea of your chances.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Kryptographicman
Topic Author

Sat 09 Jul 2022, 16:37

Interesting.. But looking at the numbers the Vaesen one seems the only one being correct if you put the numbers in a calculator..

Fenhorn

Sat 09 Jul 2022, 16:39

Vaesen is the latest of their games that uses d6 dice pools and in the alpha they used the "old" table and they changed it for the finalized version. So this means that (I guess) they have changed how to calculate chances in %. I guess that the table in Vaesen is more correct than the earlier tables used, not that it matter much.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Kryptographicman
Topic Author

Sat 09 Jul 2022, 16:50

Ah, that makes sense. They corrected it in Vaesen probably.

Sure, it doesn't do anything in the game but it bugged me, because the probabilities were wrong on the tables. I noticed it and I am a dud when it comes to math. XD