EsteemedGent
Topic Author

Any devs present? Electric Dreams Misprint? *Spoilers*

Wed 06 Jul 2022, 08:46

Hello!

Really loving the ruleset at the moment and cannot wait to run it, but i think I found something in the starter set case file that is a typo that would have unintended effects. Obvious spoilers ahead so for those not GM'ing read no further!

In the small character stat line holden gives the players of Leah it states she is a Nexus 8 when everything else says she is a 9, reading through I cant find any other reference to her being an 8.

If its intentional I would be hesitant of telling that info that early into the session as some old time Blade Runner characters might run the shoot first ask questions later approach before the intruigue can build.

It also wouldnt stand to reason that the RDU would willingly hire a Nexus 8 onto the force.

Apologies if it sounds like im coming off pedantic, its not my intention I just thought id highlight it incase it was a mistake that slipped through :)

Fenhorn

Re: Any devs present? Electric Dreams Misprint? *Spoilers*

Wed 06 Jul 2022, 09:07

Moderator Action: Moved this to the GM only section.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

sanjurotokage

Thu 07 Jul 2022, 15:33

I have noticed a few things with my run through with the case file with my players.

I have finished With one group but still playing with the other group and we are finding things that are incorrect with the hand outs and the case file that weren’t mentioned in the locked forums

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 07 Jul 2022, 17:44

I have noticed a few things with my run through with the case file with my players.

I have finished With one group but still playing with the other group and we are finding things that are incorrect with the hand outs and the case file that weren’t mentioned in the locked forums
Hi! There is still a chance to fix minor errors so please post them here asap - thanks! :)
Fria Ligan

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 07 Jul 2022, 17:45

Hello!

Really loving the ruleset at the moment and cannot wait to run it, but i think I found something in the starter set case file that is a typo that would have unintended effects. Obvious spoilers ahead so for those not GM'ing read no further!

In the small character stat line holden gives the players of Leah it states she is a Nexus 8 when everything else says she is a 9, reading through I cant find any other reference to her being an 8.

If its intentional I would be hesitant of telling that info that early into the session as some old time Blade Runner characters might run the shoot first ask questions later approach before the intruigue can build.

It also wouldnt stand to reason that the RDU would willingly hire a Nexus 8 onto the force.

Apologies if it sounds like im coming off pedantic, its not my intention I just thought id highlight it incase it was a mistake that slipped through :)
This has been fixed. :)
Fria Ligan

sanjurotokage

Thu 07 Jul 2022, 21:42

Hi! There is still a chance to fix minor errors so please post them here asap - thanks! :)
okay - about to go through the game - I will also start a separate thread on my experience on running the scenarios

sanjurotokage

Thu 07 Jul 2022, 22:35

Items found during play that created challenges:

Handout I and Handout J had the date 1 4 • 1 1 • 2 0 3 7 when a lot of the dates in the case are in May 2037

Handout O - The off world pamphlet is not on the fridge door (described in the clues on page 48 of the Safehouse) but in the picture it is on the table

10mm Caseless slug - this is referenced in the case but there is no 10mm caseless weapon mentioned in the core rulebook or elsewhere in the case file. Should this not be .44 round?

Event 2: KILL Magazine story breaks and Holden grills the PCs on if they leaked the story. If the players investigate KILL magazine at that time, it is mentioned in the clues on page 40 that Shylar knows a Replicant killed a Replicant and nowhere else. There are no clues on how he knows to help the Game Runner when players ask. Also Handout E headline doesn't really sensualise the story with the headlines - how about replacing 'Replicant Killed In Action' with 'Replicant Cop kills Replicant Cop' - This would grab the player's attention to the clue.

Animod Row - The clues on page 44 are mentioned when players talk to other vendors but there is very little for the players to do surveillance and will go directly to the Aurelian shop. Is there any aid for the Game Runner to make use of the environment

The Safehouse and Leah's hatred to Lilth Tyrell - There are many opportunities to miss Leah's hate. When the players find clues at the Safehouse, the Droid magazine is vague - can the description in the clue show the magazine folds out to the article with pen marks against lilleths name?

On page 3 of the Prologue - can you remove the line 'He is in a foul mood' Novak is on annual leave and when I asked the Novak player in both groups - it is the rising smog levels that makes them in a foul mood. Let us leave the mood for the player for they just want noodles and chess puzzles

it is alluded that Lilith Tyrell has connections to the characters - Novak saved her during the blackout, Fenna and Percival memories were created by her. These aren't really clear for the Game Runner and came out a surprise when players made the connection.

That is all I found so far.....

Grimmshade

Fri 08 Jul 2022, 04:21

One more thing I'd like to add is the Animoid Row stretch goal mentioned NPC's, and there aren't really any. Would it be possible to get a couple Animoid stats instead?

Tomas
Site Admin

Mon 11 Jul 2022, 13:50

Items found during play that created challenges:
Thanks! We're clarifying some of these issues before going to print. Some comments though:
Handout I and Handout J had the date 1 4 • 1 1 • 2 0 3 7 when a lot of the dates in the case are in May 2037

Handout O - The off world pamphlet is not on the fridge door (described in the clues on page 48 of the Safehouse) but in the picture it is on the table

10mm Caseless slug - this is referenced in the case but there is no 10mm caseless weapon mentioned in the core rulebook or elsewhere in the case file. Should this not be .44 round?
All fixed!
Event 2: KILL Magazine story breaks and Holden grills the PCs on if they leaked the story. If the players investigate KILL magazine at that time, it is mentioned in the clues on page 40 that Shylar knows a Replicant killed a Replicant and nowhere else. There are no clues on how he knows to help the Game Runner when players ask. Also Handout E headline doesn't really sensualise the story with the headlines - how about replacing 'Replicant Killed In Action' with 'Replicant Cop kills Replicant Cop' - This would grab the player's attention to the clue.
This will be clarified (also on the magazine cover), but note that Jelle does not know a Replicant killed a Replicant, exactly - only that a Blade Runner killed a Blade Runner. Or at least, that's what he thinks he knows (and he happens to be right) - he's hardly a trustworthy character and the players may or may not believe him.
On page 3 of the Prologue - can you remove the line 'He is in a foul mood' Novak is on annual leave and when I asked the Novak player in both groups - it is the rising smog levels that makes them in a foul mood. Let us leave the mood for the player for they just want noodles and chess puzzles
Yes, fixed.
it is alluded that Lilith Tyrell has connections to the characters - Novak saved her during the blackout, Fenna and Percival memories were created by her. These aren't really clear for the Game Runner and came out a surprise when players made the connection.
Hm, these connections are mere suggestions (summarized on page 7), not hard facts. The Game Runner can use these, or choose not to. Actually, having Novak save Lilith during the Blackout is not stated anywhere, but it's neat idea. :) These connections - at least regarding Fenna's and Percival's memories - are fine being surprises to the players.
Fria Ligan

sanjurotokage

Mon 11 Jul 2022, 14:50

Thanks for the reply Tomas.

I was going to post my experience but I see one of my players has uploaded the Gameplay sessions on YouTube