Vader

Re: Any devs present? Electric Dreams Misprint? *Spoilers*

Sun 17 Jul 2022, 12:00

The Safehouse and Leah's hatred to Lilth Tyrell - There are many opportunities to miss Leah's hate. When the players find clues at the Safehouse, the Droid magazine is vague - can the description in the clue show the magazine folds out to the article with pen marks against lilleths name?

Hang on!

I haven’t checked the file, just an immediate reaction to the quote above:

You are not using the word “droid”, are you??

This may have changed in recent years of course — in which case there’s no harm, no foul — but Lucasfilm (now Disney) has claimed ownership of this word.

They’ve in the past been very conscientious and aggressive about defending that claim in court.

You may therefore want to consider very carefully whether you really want to use it. Getting the whole Blade Runner RPG starter kit slapped with a C&D just when it hits shelves might be … detrimental to business.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Vader

Mon 18 Jul 2022, 13:48

Okay ... checked the file now, and indeed, the "D Word" is there.

Ever-so-slightly concerning, I have to admit.

If I've understood the American (TM) rules correctly, this may be a bit of a borderline case. On the one hand, Disney can't stop anyone from using a trademarked term in their fiction. On the other hand, this is used specifically in the contexts of (a) "artificial persons", (b) as a brand name (albeit a fictional one) and (c) in a commercial product connected to a major brand.
And on the third hand, by American law, owners of trademarks must be seen to actively defend their ownership, lest they lose the rights to them. And this particular point, both Lucasfilm and Disney have always been very keen on pursuing.

Precisely the fact that this is a borderline case could also prompt them to make an example, just to make sure the fringes of possible infringement are kept clan, as it were.

I hope I am overreacting, but I would advise caution.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Dario Lazzari

Fri 22 Jul 2022, 17:00

Hi! There is still a chance to fix minor errors so please post them here asap - thanks! :)

Hello! Two errors in the Character Sheets for Electric Dreams:
- The now useless field "Favored Gear" is still present.
- The Skill Close Combat must changed in Hand To Hand Combat.

I know I'm out the time limit to notify errors, but eventually you can adjust it in the PDFs or in future reprint. :)

Raldanash

Thu 04 Aug 2022, 15:29

Speaking of typos:
In the case file, both "Kibble" and "Kipple" are used, when it should be the latter.

Fuzzbender

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 11:44

I am slightly confused about the timeline of the scenario.

Fenna's orders state that they were given out on 15-05-2037 . [Handout A]
Novak is reading a newspaper from 19th of May. [Handout B]
The Snake Pit location description assumes that the shooting happened on the previous night.

I don't think it makes sense that Fenna searches Novak for four days to an emergency briefing.

When I ran the scenario, I just changed the handouts to have the same date.

Tarynt Essrog

Mon 16 Jan 2023, 21:53

In the small character stat line holden gives the players of Leah it states she is a Nexus 8 when everything else says she is a 9, reading through I cant find any other reference to her being an 8.
It's really interesting to see that mentioned here. I played the beginning of the adventure at PAX Unplugged with a game master that was running it in cooperation with Free League. He said they had just gotten the materials the day before, and he only had photocopies of the handouts. I was immediately focused on that "Nexus-8" descriptor on Leah's file, and I think it through the game master for a loop.

I was a little surprised when I checked my own copy and saw that the handout said "Nexus-9." I was thinking it must have just been a poor photocopy that I was reading wrong, but I guess he most have been working off prototype materials.

pgholland

Sat 04 Mar 2023, 10:47

So third place asking, as Free League customer support gave the worst response of: ask in our forum... no you mprinted the product with a mistake:
Lillith Tyrell (pg 15) has listed a Stability skill of Rank B. That's not in the CRB (and I've Ctrl+F searched in the digital version too). That's not a skill. What skill should it be?
Thanks

Fenhorn

Sat 04 Mar 2023, 11:40

So third place asking, as Free League customer support gave the worst response of: ask in our forum... no you mprinted the product with a mistake:
Lillith Tyrell (pg 15) has listed a Stability skill of Rank B. That's not in the CRB (and I've Ctrl+F searched in the digital version too). That's not a skill. What skill should it be?
Thanks
The support team handles support with purchases and shipping, not misprints.

I'm not the writer of this (I forwarded this to him though) but according to the Foundry VTT, she should have Manipulation B and stability should just be ditched.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Mon 06 Mar 2023, 11:06

It should be Insight.
Fria Ligan

Fenhorn

Mon 06 Mar 2023, 11:17

It should be Insight.
Good to know. That was a guess I had, but the foundry VTT said something else. Thanks for the clarification.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore