Viperion_NZ

Re: T2k Support and Publishing Plans

Mon 16 Jan 2023, 12:14

So Free League is developing their own OGL, here's an excerpt from the email:
The Year Zero Engine in various iterations has been used in most Free League RPGs in recent years, including Mutant: Year Zero, Coriolis, Tales From the Loop, Forbidden Lands, ALIEN, Vaesen, Blade Runner RPG, and the upcoming The Walking Dead Universe RPG. The YZE is an accessible, fast, and adaptable rules framework that encourages story-focused and player-driven playstyles.
Um..... sure seems like T2K is already a dead line :(

Fenhorn

Mon 16 Jan 2023, 12:58

The Year Zero Engine in various iterations has been used in most Free League RPGs in recent years, including Mutant: Year Zero, Coriolis, Tales From the Loop, Forbidden Lands, ALIEN, Vaesen, Blade Runner RPG, and the upcoming The Walking Dead Universe RPG. The YZE is an accessible, fast, and adaptable rules framework that encourages story-focused and player-driven playstyles.
The first expansion is soon to go to print and other expansions are worked upon. FL is less active on PR for it because of the war, by which they have already explained.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Midnightplat

Tue 17 Jan 2023, 00:58

The first expansion is soon to go to print and other expansions are worked upon. FL is less active on PR for it because of the war, by which they have already explained.
If you read the whole release, they still include T2K as part of their portfolio (and a recent award winning title to boot, despite current events) in the section that gives a broader profile of the company.

Ursus Maior

Tue 17 Jan 2023, 11:35

Different topic:

We've gotten new file versions for the Player's Manuarl, the Referee's Manual and Urban Operations over the last days. That's a nice service, but one thing strikes me immediately as odd: With fragmentation and improvised hand grenades having lost their direct damage effects the question remains, what the crit values are (maybe refering to other blast weapons would be sufficient?). Also, the depiction above the hand grenades table still shows the old values. That gives two different values for these weapons, so new players won't know what the right values are. That's unlucky at best.
liber & infractus

Fenhorn

Tue 17 Jan 2023, 12:03

<>
Also, the depiction above the hand grenades table still shows the old values. That gives two different values for these weapons, so new players won't know what the right values are. That's unlucky at best.
I told Tomas about this so he can fix this.

Viperion_NZ

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 08:27

We've gotten new file versions for the Player's Manuarl, the Referee's Manual and Urban Operations over the last days.
We did? I backed it from Kickstarter and got the metal box, but I haven't seen anything about this - where do I go to grab these?

Fenhorn

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 10:32

We've gotten new file versions for the Player's Manuarl, the Referee's Manual and Urban Operations over the last days.
We did? I backed it from Kickstarter and got the metal box, but I haven't seen anything about this - where do I go to grab these?
Check your library on drivethru. Updates happens automatically.

pestigor

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 20:57

For those of us that bought the game from our local shop, when will bits and mortar get these updated PDFs?

Thanks

Fenhorn

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 21:56

For those of us that bought the game from our local shop, when will bits and mortar get these updated PDFs?

Thanks
You get all PDFs through drivethru and those are automatically updated. It doesn't matter how you got the PDF. The only PDF that you can get through other means are sometimes the beta PDFs during kickstarters.

pestigor

Thu 19 Jan 2023, 05:38

Thanks
You get all PDFs through drivethru and those are automatically updated. It doesn't matter how you got the PDF. The only PDF that you can get through other means are sometimes the beta PDFs during kickstarters.
I've never gotten a PDF for the boxed set from Drivethru...I got my PDF through the service Free League uses https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ the site isn't connected with Drive thru but is used by Free League, I was wondering when FL was going to upload the current PDF to Bitsandmortar so those of use using that service can get the updated copy.