disziplin
Topic Author

T2k Support and Publishing Plans

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 16:20

Just a general thought/question:

It seems to me that, since the release of the main boxed set FL has "gone dark" on T2k. Perhaps that is just my perception, but I've seen a lot of cool things released by FL since then, yet nothing for T2k. Can anyone talk me down off the ledge? I really enjoy this game and would love to see a lot more content for it!

Thanks in advance!

Fenhorn

Re: T2k Support and Publishing Plans

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 16:23

They will have a pre-order (I think it was a pre-order) for Urban Operations, soon. How soon, I don't know.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

measuredrums

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 17:17

The latest Free League newsletter came out today ... In it is a list of upcoming releases ... One known/anticipated release is conspicuously absent ... Where's 'Urban Operations'?

On the horizon:
CY_BORG
BLADE RUNNER
INTO THE ODD Remastered
ALIEN: Heart of Darkness
Vaesen: Mythic Britain & Ireland
Vaesen: Seasons of Mystery
Forbidden Lands: Book of Beasts
Forbidden Lands: The Bloodmarch

Fenhorn

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 17:33

If they have postponed Urban Operations, that would have been nice to know of course.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

grimthot

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 18:54

I think they talk about finished product, soon to be released not the next kickstarter or preco. On Twilight 2000 Facebook group Thomas talked about urban operation preco soon too be started

Vcutter

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 19:29

It is also worth mentioning that TW: 2000 was absent on the "summer sale" post that they mailed out. (Though the actual product prices seem to be reduced so go ahead and throw some money at them...)
FL Twitter has avoided mentioning TW: 2000 for a few months as well. In fact the only mention of urban ops is Tomas' comment on FB apparently.
We have covered this before and yes, it is understandable that with the war going on in Ukraine they probablt want to tread waters carefully with material that involves modern war with soviet troops in Europe. Then again the tragic and likely outcome is that this war will go on for many months, probably years. Are they gonna delay TW 2000 stuff until then? Or are we simply talking about prioritizing stuff and production delays?
Now FL people I know you read the forums. The community would really REALLY appreciate some information regarding Twilight 2000 materials and especially Urban Ops release. Just inform us of your plans, I'm sure we're cool with them whatever they are. It is the silence that worries us.

Raellus

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 19:32

And Kickstarter backers were promised a 4e version of The Black Madonna. I'm aware of Frank Frey's health issues delaying the project but, in the absence of new content like Urban Ops, it would be a sign of good faith for FL to throw its T2k customers a bone here very soon.

-
Twilight 2000 discussion forum @ https://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Heffe

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 20:11

Roughly a week ago someone asked about Urban Ops on the Facebook page - Tomas mentioned that there was more info coming soon. No word yet on Black Madonna I'm afraid.

Viperion_NZ

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 08:20

"Soon" is a cop out answer and everyone knows it.

silverfoxdmt73

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 13:51

I think the war in Ukraine has made everyone (games publishers included) very wary of putting out content that makes light in any way, the continuing conflict in eastern Europe. I doubt that FL have dropped the product, but I imagine they are concerned about discussions and new releases for the game being picked up in the press and taken out of context. At least that's my take on it.