grimthot

Re: T2k Support and Publishing Plans

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 09:05

Great news !

Azrael20

Sun 03 Jul 2022, 03:51

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I meant to reply sooner here. The work with Urban Operations is proceeding and nearing the finish line. The module has grown since we first envisioned it and we needed to make some revisions, which have take more time than planned. We plan to launch a pre-order, but only after the PDF of the module is fully done so pre-order customers can get the PDF immediately. We don't have a date for the pre-order yet, but right now I would estimate mid- to late summer.
As for the general silence about Twilight: 2000, yes the war in Ukraine has had some impact, as we felt it was not the right time to make lots of PR for a war game that suddenly became a lot more real than most of us expected. But that does not mean work on the modules for the game has slowed down.
Thank you for your reply! That's really reassuring to know, and I'm sure we all understand and respect fully FL's decisionmaking regarding the Russo-Ukrainian War.

Mahatatain

Sun 03 Jul 2022, 20:28

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I meant to reply sooner here. The work with Urban Operations is proceeding and nearing the finish line. The module has grown since we first envisioned it and we needed to make some revisions, which have take more time than planned. We plan to launch a pre-order, but only after the PDF of the module is fully done so pre-order customers can get the PDF immediately. We don't have a date for the pre-order yet, but right now I would estimate mid- to late summer.
As for the general silence about Twilight: 2000, yes the war in Ukraine has had some impact, as we felt it was not the right time to make lots of PR for a war game that suddenly became a lot more real than most of us expected. But that does not mean work on the modules for the game has slowed down.
Good to know and thanks for the update.

Vcutter

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 10:05

It's been about two months since Tomas gave that nice bit of info. I think we are past "midsommar" no matter how north you live :)
Sooo since the summer is nearing it's end has anyone heard anything new? FL was at GenCon so did anyone manage to ask anything?
I get why their twitter etc is silent about TW but everytime I see tweets like "Which one of our upcoming releases you like the best?" and UO is missing from the list I can't help but feel a lil twinge of gamer sadness...

Vader

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 14:45

"Mid" Summer has certainly past, but as Tomas did say "Mid to Late Summer" — and "Late Summer" can reasonably be expected to last at least all of August through — there is little reason to fret as of yet.

I'd surmise that the reason for UO not being mentioned in the plans for upcoming releases is simply that it's so far down the pipeline now that Ligan internally to all practical intents and purposes already consider it released. It's no longer "upcoming".

Apart from one or two small lapses, Ligan are proving remarkably resilient to the SJWs and other Culture War activists, firmly standing up for their creative and ethical integrity in the face of Cancel Culture. I can't see them delaying a book because there are a few people lurking about desperately looking for an excuse to scream about being offended on somebody else's behalf because — gasp! — someone dared mention the War (or whatev)...
From all I hear, the people actually living through it would prefer the rest of the world educated itself on what it means — an effort towards which a publication like UO ought to contribute — rather than tried to hush it down, which only helps the Russians.

Don't fret. UO will be here soon.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Vcutter

Tue 16 Aug 2022, 10:11

Oh I don't think anymore that the "social wars" are causing any delays here. I firmly believe what Tomas said about the material being grown and the "leaks" given by Daniel reflect that UO has lots of new stuff. Appreciate FL being open about the reasons for delay.
But, also like Tomas admitted, the war in Ukraine is causing chages in the advertising of TW4e mats, which is totally understandable, not only because how it might be perceived by outsiders but even the fans and FL themselves. But since that "lack of hype and ads" leaves us pretty much in the dark regarding the upcoming release, I was hoping someone had heard some rumours in GenCon or somewhere.
Hopefully they will ambush us with an airdropped massive UO file sometime this or next week...

Ursus Maior

Wed 17 Aug 2022, 13:41

Personally, I'd go with "late summer can mean mid-September". So, before late September, I wouldn't be worried. Global logistics went haywire two years ago and haven't reliably improved after the invasion of Ukraine. I'd be happy to see a teaser-update though, any time. :mrgreen:
liber & infractus

Vcutter

Wed 17 Aug 2022, 14:57

Yup. Not so much worried as "since you can't really advertise/hype it on social media, how about throwing the loyal fans a bone at least":D

Fenhorn

Mon 22 Aug 2022, 16:38

Tomas posted this on another (Swedish) forum:
Urban Operations is almost finished, we hope to start a pre-order with immediate access to a PDF within about two weeks.
edit: and after that Hostile Waters and then Operation Reset and as soon as Frank Frey's health allows, Black Madonna.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vader

Mon 22 Aug 2022, 17:45

Sounds promising!

...interesting way to deploy a tank, though ... a captured mobility-kill? ...but a T-80 in Karlsborg? ...and isn't that a BVM? In 2000?!?
Umm....
Guess we'll find out soon enough!
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion