Kaybe
Topic Author

Early Access Feedback Suggestion - Overwatch/Held Attack

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 17:48

It's probably the most iconic dramatic climax of any police drama. The criminal pushed up against a store front, his firearm down at his side, looking desperately left and right, surrounded by police, the blue and red lights circling all around, the only sounds are his hard breathing and several police shouting "Drop your weapon!" - "Drop it! Drop it now!". Feeling he has nothing left to lose, he raises his firearm up, but before he can get a shot off, several police firearms go off, filling his body with bullets as blood splatters outwards, his body twitching, dead before hitting the ground.

Blade Runner needs an overwatch or held action option. We DO have the option to switch initiative cards with someone with worse initiative (great idea), but this implies that we also let that other person get their shot off first. The good guy cop needs to be able to shout to the bad guy criminal to lower his firearm, threatening to shoot. There's no point in letting the bad guy actually take a shot first because that defeats the intended purpose of a stand off. The bad guy needs to get a chance to surrender, but also can't be allowed to kill the cop giving him that chance if the cop's initiative is better.

I couldn't find these rules in the Early Access rules. If I am mistaken, please let me know and I'll go ahead and delete this post. If not, please consider an overwatch or held action so these tense standoffs become possible. Thank you.

Fenhorn

Re: Early Access Feedback Suggestion - Overwatch/Held Attack

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 18:02

Remember that only clear errors can be fixed now, we cannot add or change anything more substantial.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore