Mahatatain
Topic Author

Destruction of items

Thu 16 Jun 2022, 13:47

Are there any rules or guidelines in 4e for which items have survived if a vehicle had been destroyed? Obviously that's dependent on exactly how the vehicle was destroyed and what items are present in the vehicle but I wondered if there were any rules anywhere to act as a guideline?

Thanks for any help.

baldrick0712

Re: Destruction of items

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 10:11

Players Manual, p86: "Scavenging Parts".

Mahatatain
Topic Author

Thu 30 Jun 2022, 11:35

Players Manual, p86: "Scavenging Parts".
That's really for turning a damaged vehicle into spare parts rather than resolving whether items stored in the vehicle (like the occupants' backpacks or other items in the cargo space) are damaged or destroyed (my apologies if I wasn't clear enough in my original question). I can use those rules as a guide to house rule something though, combined with a luck roll regarding what has been damaged.

Thanks for the input.

baldrick0712

Thu 30 Jun 2022, 13:13

That's really for turning a damaged vehicle into spare parts rather than resolving whether items stored in the vehicle (like the occupants' backpacks or other items in the cargo space) are damaged or destroyed (my apologies if I wasn't clear enough in my original question). I can use those rules as a guide to house rule something though, combined with a luck roll regarding what has been damaged.

Thanks for the input.
"A hit to the fuel tank or ammunition store in a vehicle can cause it to become permanently destroyed, meaning it cannot be repaired. It can still be scavenged for spare parts, however" (PM, p84).

It's for damaged or destroyed. Clearly the rules take a simplistic view that once a vehicle is destroyed, then so are its contents, except for the ability to scavenge for spares. There's even a detailed bit of flavour text on page 83 about Diaz and Kasia scavenging a wrecked BMP for spares. As you say though, it could be house ruled.