Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 9

Thu 16 Jun 2022, 11:15

Hi!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in Chapter 9 (Running Blade Runner) of the Early Access PDF of the BLADE RUNNER RPG Core Rulebook. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
Please report your feedback no later than July 1 2022. After this date, we may not be able to make any further changes.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Dark4ce

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 9

Sat 18 Jun 2022, 10:31

Hello,

There “may” be a typo on pg 216 in the section about Esper photos. It reads: “An Esper photo handout always comes in two versions - one initial imag , and at least…”

The typo being the word “imag” followed by a space and a comma.

gregory

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 21:04

Maybe I'm misreading here, but on page 214 "Here, you as the Blade Runner learn the full background." seems like it should read "Here, you as the Game Runner learn the full background." instead.

Vader

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 21:18

2nd PDF p.219, DOWNTIME EVENTS table

STREET EVENT 7: The character is confronted by an animated advertisement that they find utterly enthralling. The character must make an INSIGHT roll – if failed, they cannot recover stress until they have purchased the product.

How would they go about purchasing the product?
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Grimmshade

Sat 02 Jul 2022, 01:27

2nd PDF p.219, DOWNTIME EVENTS table

STREET EVENT 7: The character is confronted by an animated advertisement that they find utterly enthralling. The character must make an INSIGHT roll – if failed, they cannot recover stress until they have purchased the product.

How would they go about purchasing the product?
I'd assume using the method on p.204, unless you mean something else?

Vader

Sat 02 Jul 2022, 15:51

I'd assume using the method on p.204, unless you mean something else?

That would have to be it, wouldn’t it?

But somehow I feel the system on p.204 primarily assumes case-related purchases, not so much private ones. If I walk past an ad that shows me a product I realise I want, it usually also tells me where to get it. Why go through a Connection roll?
Sure, I can rationalise the necessity of a Connection roll once … maybe twice … perhaps even three times. But after that, it really starts wearing thin.

But I don’t actually expect Tomas to provide an answer at this time — the question really falls a bit outside the purview of the game as presented before us right now.

The answer should come when Ligan publishes modules that expand the scope of gameplay beyond Bladerunners and Case Files — including the life of Bladerunners outside of Investigation.
I just want to highlight that here is an element that addresses those expanded aspects of gameplay, and hence doesn’t really fit comfortably within the frame presented by the base game, so that this might get properly addressed in those future expansions.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion