Vader

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 8

Sun 26 Jun 2022, 11:50

Just a quick comment to this - the setting texts are written by an American (Joe LeFavi), not a Swedish person.

Thanks for pointing it out Tomas! I had assumed the material LeFavi provided went through further adjustments and editing in Sweden to fit the game.

It does leave me a bit perplexed, though.

There are passages here and there, a few of which @jlaakso has highlighted in this and other comments threads, that I feel would have been entirely natural to expect, perhaps even inevitable, had they been written from the perspective of a Swedish political and cultural context.
For them to have been written from an American viewpoint, however … feels like they probably would need to have come just a bit from the left side of the American mainstream.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

vreetech

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 15:55

Both the Ender Scope and Ender Assault rifles can have optional silencers, but I cant find the rules for them. Oversight or most likely I've probably just missed them so apologies!

Vader

Fri 01 Jul 2022, 20:34

2nd PDF pp. 180-181: "PK-D 5223 BLASTER"

Glad to see some of the items have been fixed! Unfortunately though, the to my mind most egregious issues still remain.

I've noted just for the record what is and isn't fixed in this post.

Need to highlight an incomplete fix:
The missing umlaut in "Plfäger-Katsumata" is fixed in the first paragraph on p.180, but the error remains in the table header on p.181!
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

aramis

Sun 03 Jul 2022, 09:34

Spinner stats... all lack a defined endurance (operating time, max range)
p197
model 294-02 missing rarity & cost

p200
DMV 137 missing length, speed, rarity, cost

p201
Spinner Carrier missing length, speed
Spinner Squad Transport missing length, speed
Civilian vehicles missing length, speed

p203
In re public transit... most big west coast cities have excellent public transit; the section on it is fine, but I find the switch from c to k in Metrokab annoying.
Even mid sized cities have excellent busses in much of California, Oregon, and Washington, and have since the 70's. Crowded, slow, smelly, but reliable. And often cheap or even free.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...