Fenhorn

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 7

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 13:06

Moderator Message: This thread is used to report clear errors and typos, not for discussions.
Hi!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in Chapter 7 (Working The Case) of the Early Access PDF of the BLADE RUNNER RPG Core Rulebook. Guidelines to remember:
Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
Please report your feedback no later than July 1 2022. After this date, we may not be able to make any further changes.

Thank you!
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

jlaakso

Tue 21 Jun 2022, 22:27

("Denabase" is the form it was given before the movie was out when I was working on some official BR stuff. Guessing from the script.)

Kaybe

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 19:54

Confusion about requisition vs black market ownership.

Requisition seems to require spending promotion points to gain *temporary* usage of a piece of equipment, but you can also spend Chinyen to gain that item on the black market instead. Aside from the dangers of being caught, are black market items essentially permanent instead of just temporary for that case? I'm assuming the bribery approach is temporary since it gives Advantage on the roll. Sort of a way of greasing the wheels.

P.S: I know that the goal of Blade Runner RPG is not to hoard items, but Chapter 7 and 8 make it unclear exactly what one can use Chinyen for since it's not a resource that comes back every case a la Vaesen, but instead appears to be a finite resource that gets drained long term for every usage.

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 20:24

157, "Have a better one!": "Yet as walking search warrants, Blade Runners can essentially go anywhere and do just about anything within the framework of the law
– and sometimes outside it, too."

This contradicts this bit on the same page:

"[The RDU Deputy Chief] You need his direct approval to obtain search warrants and retirement orders, file for wiretaps and surveillance
details, obtain special equipment and purchases, or request back-up from other RDU divisions."

And doesn't align with the table on page 163: "LAPD Resource Requests" that lists "Wiretap or search & seizure warrant" as something you need to ask from "Special Ops & Security" - not the DC (also makes little sense; it's a legal hurdle, not a tactical one).

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 20:43

164, "Leveraging Assets": " Despite the substantial resources of the LAPD, you will sometime need to look elsewhere for assistance and information."
expecting: sometimes

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 20:47

Not a typo, but I'm confused by this passage on page 165, "Asset: Amara Jhaveri": "So it doesn’t matter what red tape needs cutting. What buttons need pushing. What bridges need building or burning. Search warrants. Subpoenas. Wiretaps. Tails and security details. If it’s in the name of justice, Amara will bullishly defend your right to take anybody down a peg or two."

I thought it was the DC or the Spec Ops division I'd go to for search warrants and these equivalent permissions? It would help to understand if there's multiple avenues.

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 20:53

167: not a typo, but both the commendations and especially the disciplinary actions could really use some examples of what would constitute them.

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 20:57

168: not a typo, but this passage under "01: Claim Your Territory" seems off: "Detectives are allotted desk-space whenever assigned to an active case." In the real world detectives are struggling under their case load everywhere in the world; surely in the dark future this would be worse, not better.

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 21:01

169, "07: Cover Your Ass" author perspective switches to an unidentified 'we'. Confusing.

jlaakso

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 21:03

170: the vertical spacing of horizontal lines in the table is uneven.