paladin2019

Re: Early Access Feedback - Core Rulebook Chapter 4

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 18:49

page 75, critical stress effects (human) #4
"and the row could even turn violent." [emphasis mine]
is this a typo, or am i just missing the meaning or "row?"
Sidenote. row (pronounced to rhyme with now) is a non-American synonym for fight or argument. Confusing to Americans, maybe not to the rest of the English speaking world. To change, or not to change....

sandor7

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 19:12

page 75, critical stress effects (human) #4
"and the row could even turn violent." [emphasis mine]
is this a typo, or am i just missing the meaning or "row?"
Sidenote. row (pronounced to rhyme with now) is a non-American synonym for fight or argument. Confusing to Americans, maybe not to the rest of the English speaking world. To change, or not to change....
TIL
thanks for clarifying. in that case, i'll change my earlier view: the sentence fine as is.

paladin2019

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 19:19

I'd leave the concern. It's confusing idiom for a likely significant segment of the readership, much more than the common differences in spelling between dialects.

jlaakso

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 04:31

???, Stress & Resolve, Suffering Stress: “(see the table to the right)”
Expecting: there is no table to the right (it’s on the next page)

076: Pulling Yourself Together; A Helping Hand: “(even if via your KIA)”
Expecting: I don’t understand what KIA means in this context.

085, example: “Rolling FORCE, he succeeds, and icnreased the range to MEDIUM.”
Expecting: “Rolling FORCE, he succeeds, and increases the range to MEDIUM.”

076: Pulling Yourself Together; A Helping Hand: “(even if via your KIA)”
Expecting: I don’t understand what KIA means in this context. (Not sure if it hadn't been introduced yet or it's been too long; a long leap of logic in any case.)

Colgrevance

Permanent loss of Resolve

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 13:31

Over on rpg.net, it was clarified that permanent loss of Resolve can only happen when recovering from been broken, not every time a point of Resolve is regained. I think this is not clear from the rulebook at all, and while I don't think this is an error, per se, I'd like to see it spelled out more explicitly in the final version of the rulebook.

Moderator Message: I moved this post to the errata thread because I do think this should be addressed.

Kaybe

Re: Permanent loss of Resolve

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 13:53

Over on rpg.net, it was clarified that permanent loss of Resolve can only happen when recovering from been broken, not every time a point of Resolve is regained. I think this is not clear from the rulebook at all, and while I don't think this is an error, per se, I'd like to see it spelled out more explicitly in the final version of the rulebook.

Moderator Message: I moved this post to the errata thread because I do think this should be addressed.
Yikes! Good catch. Hadn't noticed that, but you're right. As written, it would make it seem like you risk permanent loss when regaining ANY point of Resolve, even just natural gain during downtime.

HypeHawk

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 18:38

Page 68 - Close Combat
In the short introduction to 'Close Combat', the second paragraph states that a move is required to stand up when standing is identified as a free action on page 66.
Extract from page 68: To attack an opponent in close combat, you need to be standing on your feet. If you are prone, you must first use a move to get up.

Page 71 - Critical Injuries
In the second paragraph, it states in the brackets that you require two or more successes for a critical injury. Earlier on page 68, it says that you need to roll two successes more than your opponent. This may be as the reference on page 68 is related to an opposed roll but page 71 simply states that you just need two eye symbols.

Page 73 - Critical Injuries - Piercing
A die roll of 1 results in ear being 'shot off'. However, knives also do piercing damage and they are close combat weapons so the term 'shot off' would not apply here. The same applies to a dice roll of 10 (shot in the heart) as a Survival Knife uses a D10 as a crit die.

Kaybe

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 00:18

Page 68 - Close Combat
In the short introduction to 'Close Combat', the second paragraph states that a move is required to stand up when standing is identified as a free action on page 66.
Extract from page 68: To attack an opponent in close combat, you need to be standing on your feet. If you are prone, you must first use a move to get up.
Standing or dropping are free actions done as a part of your move. They are not independent free actions. So you can't stand up, attack, and then move. It's either stand up and immediately move, or stand up and don't move at all on your turn.
Page 71 - Critical Injuries
In the second paragraph, it states in the brackets that you require two or more successes for a critical injury. Earlier on page 68, it says that you need to roll two successes more than your opponent. This may be as the reference on page 68 is related to an opposed roll but page 71 simply states that you just need two eye symbols.
In Close Combat, other than Free Attacks, you're attacks are opposed by your target. So you can only hit him if you get more successes than him, and you can only get a crit if you get 2+ successes more than him.

Grimmshade

Re: Permanent loss of Resolve

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 02:33

Was coming here to point out the same thing. It's super important this is clarified better in the book. As it stands it totally sounds like you risk permanent loss from any recovery of Resolve.

Kaybe

Mon 20 Jun 2022, 06:16

Just for sake of clarification ...

I see standing up is a free action done as part of a move. I see dropping down or diving into cover are also free actions done as part of a move.

On Page 68, it says picking up an object counts as a move rather being a free action done as a part of a move? So how does that affect everything else surrounding the move 'action'? Can you stand up (free action during a move) and also pick up an object, but no more? Or do the free actions that are part of a move only work with actual movement move? I'm also wondering if there's a typo here somewhere and if it's meant to be a free action as part of your move instead.