zook
Topic Author

Trolls and Ogres

Sun 15 May 2022, 11:58

Hello,
Suggested Characteristics of both Trolls and Ogres suggests as both are only middle step between goblins and something else. There is anything in RoS or maybe Symbaroum wich describe this something else? Did I miss something or with just my imagination? Or maybe it's intentional left blank?

BytomMan

Re: Trolls and Ogres

Wed 18 May 2022, 06:39

There are some other trolls in the Bestiary. I think that’s the end state.

zook
Topic Author

Thu 19 May 2022, 14:35

Thx, I will take a look.

3-Eyed-Raven

Sun 19 Jun 2022, 17:06

All Sizes Matter!

Ogres and Trolls are beefier and way beefier than Humans and other medium-sized humanoids and can be described as pushing the limits of a medium-sized creature.

Since hit points and HD are based on races in RoS, would it be reasonable to create a house rule for raising the HD of Ogres and Trolls to d10 and d12 Hit Die, respectively?

If so, 1st-level Ogres and Trolls with Con modifier +5 could potentially start with 15 and 17 hp. And if they use the average result for rolling hp, then they'll gain 7 and 12 hp per level!

So, what seems to make sense (i.e., Size Matters) could have game-breaking consequences. Because of this, I'm sure there's something in the Davokar, a rare herb perhaps, that could be gathered and alchemized by the more squishy races to level the playing field. Witches call it "troðabani," or so it is whispered. How this so-called troll's bane works as a poison that specifically affects Ogres and Trolls, as well as its market value, remains to be seen.