Balou1917

Re: RPG campaign ideas for Alien and Blade Runner

Wed 25 May 2022, 02:01

I did a little research into the Bladerunner/Alien/Firefly connection. Also Soldier is supposed to be in the BR universe. Easter Eggs are the common factor that tie the three IPs together. In Aliens when Ripley is getting screwed over at the hearing Dallas's Bio is behind her onn the screen. In it he is referenced as for hauling cargo for the Tyrell Corp. There is also a letter from Weyland discussing how his "friend" plays God from his golden pyramid making flesh and blood replicants, while WY is happy with synth... Artificial Persons.

In the opening scene of Firefly the TV series, you can see a WY emblem at the top of the AA HUD when Mal shoots down the fighter.

Now, as we know Bladerunner takes place between 2019 and 2049. Soldier takes place in 2035, Prometheus takes place in 2093, Alien: Covenant takes place in 2104, Alien in 2122, Aliens in 2183, Aliens 3 in 2184,
A pretty detailed history can be found on: https://studioyutani.wordpress.com/alie ... imeline-2/
Nostromo Dossier: https://screenrant.com/alien-blade-runn ... explained/

What does all this mean? The series are connected by well-hidden Easter Eggs, the "year" the different movies are depicted in are not the same, but in the end who cares. On your tabletop the world is yours. It is your "alternate?" universe.

Grimmshade

Re: RPG campaign ideas for Alien and Blade Runner

Wed 25 May 2022, 16:08

Whatever people want to do in their home games is awesome. I'm a big fan of Easter Eggs (although these don't absolutely mean the universes coexist, as has been said by Andrew Gaska).
I personally add Easter Eggs and get inspiration from other similar sources without actually blending fictional worlds completely. (Raised by Wolves is great for Alien inspiration, even though it definitely isn't in the Alien universe, despite big similarities)