baldrick0712

Re: Armor stat

Fri 03 Jun 2022, 23:17

I think in that instance it might actually be a -5 modifier, as you'd lose the +2 mod from firing at a large target. Essentially it would be a -5 against a target in partial.
I disagree. It would be -1 for target moving and -2 for shooter moving. A target in partial cover doesn't have a penalty to hit. "PARTIAL COVER: Partial cover does not modify the hit chance, but gives you an armor level for body parts behind the cover" (PM, p65).

Fenhorn

Re: Armor stat

Fri 03 Jun 2022, 23:42

I think in that instance it might actually be a -5 modifier, as you'd lose the +2 mod from firing at a large target. Essentially it would be a -5 against a target in partial.
I disagree. It would be -1 for target moving and -2 for shooter moving. A target in partial cover doesn't have a penalty to hit. "PARTIAL COVER: Partial cover does not modify the hit chance, but gives you an armor level for body parts behind the cover" (PM, p65).
Yup. If the Referee rules that the driver or any of the passengers are exposed or partial exposed like in a normal car, then you can hit them, but if you hit any body part that the referee consider to be in cover, then the cover armour applies.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore