ExileInParadise

Re: Alien: Colony War

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 07:15

Did I just miss it?

What is the location of LV-593 / New Albion is on the ALIEN RPG map?

I am also curious where "The Hub", LV-222 "Las Vegas", UA LV-729, New Amsterdam, Constantinople, and New Kemet colonies are located.

Hopefully Fria Ligan updates the core book map / map and markers set maps with the new locations of the RPG tie-in locations.

Beta Canum Venaticorum / LV-187 is out of position on the official maps ... it's really located where HD10697 / Tagg Colony shows on the maps.

The closest star to where Beta Canum is shown on the map would be something like NN3064 or GL226.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

MutantFromMars

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 12:21

I only knew where Beta Canum Venaticorum was supposed to be because we used to play Traveller:2300 :D

New Albion is in the Weyland Isles Sector but its not on the rpg map, a lot of that area is empty space, so I guess they left room for expansion. Also the map is from 2183, and I think Colony War is set in 2186, so maybe they just haven't updated stuff yet,,,

Weren't Free League doing a Colonist's book? Maybe we'll get an updated map from later in the timeline in there?

Angelman

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 13:33

I can't quite remember, but isn't LV-187 also just a short STL travel away from New Albion? I seem to remember someone saying something to the effect of "17 hours and we don't even need to enter FTL speed". But I could be mistaken. In any case, the spatiality of Alien: Colony War felt very off to me, so I'm just gonna pretend they somehow got it all wrong :roll:
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

ExileInParadise

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 17:30

Traveller 2300 taught a lot of people where Beta Canum Venaticorum was (and that it existed, how to spell it etc) - a popular spot in 2300 because of the second beanstalk.

I am just glad to know it wasn't me wondering where things were.

Good idea on this possibly being part of the Colony sourcebook - I hope they do it.

ExileInParadise

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 17:52

[quote=Angelman post_id=73266 time=1659008006 user_id=9663]
I can't quite remember, but isn't LV-187 also just a short STL travel away from New Albion? I seem to remember someone saying something to the effect of "17 hours and we don't even need to enter FTL speed". But I could be mistaken. In any case, the spatiality of [i]Alien: Colony War [/i]felt very off to me, so I'm just gonna pretend they somehow got it all wrong :roll:
[/quote]

It would have to be in the same system to avoid FTL and only be 17 weeks.

But I do remember something saying New Albion was close - but the book also mentions "Weyland Isles System" is LV-593 instead of sector?

So New Albion is in "Weyland Isles System" which is "six weeks from the Hub" or more like eight according to the first chapter.

Earth is "3 weeks from Weyland Isles" according to chapter 2.

LV-593 is described as a yellow sun, 3WE - near Weyland Isles so that leaves Iota Persei or 8 Delta Trianguli as two good candidates - and Delta Trianguli is nearest of the two to "Beta Canum" on the ALIEN map.

By 2186 astro-cartography has changed a bit from T2300 and its like =)

ExileInParadise

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 18:37

And, well Iota Persei is a single F/G0 class star, and Delta Trianguli is a spectroscopic binary yellow/orange pair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iota_Persei

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Trianguli

_ArthurDallas_

Mon 22 May 2023, 03:18

I think you found it ExileInParadise ... in The Weyland Isles Sector (Three Worlds Empire sector) ...

you have up North ... The Isle Jacob-Tallis POL-6362 system ...
down ... The Isle Tark-Weyland Station JPG973C system ...
down ... The Isle with 2 stars Iota Persei And Delta Trianguli ...
I think New Albion (LV-593) is there, not far from the Beta Canum Venaticorum System (LV-187).

and more down ... you have The Isle ATOL POL-6387 System ...

So I think it's in the Iota Persei & Delta Trianguli systems.

sanjurotokage

Sat 07 Oct 2023, 16:53

The worlds in Colony War :evil: and Inferno's fall feature in building better world along Into Charybdis (no adventure, but nice looking map). Alien Echo world is mentioned in the core book as it hosts lion worms.

The Worlds in Enemy of my Enemy aren't included as the book was feb 2023 but most of the Building Better Worlds was in the near completion. It doesn't need to be referenced as it is set near the end of the colonial marine campaign adventure

Rusty71

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 14:29

Did I just miss it?

What is the location of LV-593 / New Albion is on the ALIEN RPG map?

I am also curious where "The Hub", LV-222 "Las Vegas", UA LV-729, New Amsterdam, Constantinople, and New Kemet colonies are located.

Hopefully Fria Ligan updates the core book map / map and markers set maps with the new locations of the RPG tie-in locations.

Beta Canum Venaticorum / LV-187 is out of position on the official maps ... it's really located where HD10697 / Tagg Colony shows on the maps.

The closest star to where Beta Canum is shown on the map would be something like NN3064 or GL226.
The PDF for Building Better Worlds has the location of New Albion

ExileInParadise

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 16:53

That it does, I just hadn't returned to this post to check if I'd guessed right.

I was really glad to see places like Omni Ceti bring back the Esoterics for example.
Elder Gods was one of my favorites from the Dark Horse comics.
Lumley and his crazies are canon again hehehehe.

I went back and checked my earlier posts in this thread and well, hot diggity - I mostly right?
I wasn't totally sure - but 8 Delta Trianguli was one of my two guesses and the last one I thought was closest to "Beta Canum"..