BradClark68
Topic Author

Crit Confusion

Sun 24 Apr 2022, 05:36

I am probably missing something but if I am beating Ivan with a bottle, I only need to inflict 2 points to roll for a critical injury. If I shoot Ivan with my shotgun, I need to inflict 4 points of damage to roll on the critical injury?What am I missing?

paladin2019

Re: Crit Confusion

Sun 24 Apr 2022, 07:15

In each case, you need to score two hits to score the crit; one for base damage, one for the +1 damage that triggers the crit.

Fenhorn

Sun 24 Apr 2022, 08:03

Normal damage points represent fatigue, bruises, and flesh woulds - painful to be sure, but not fatal. Critical injuries represent a much more dangerous form of injury - these can maim or kill you.
All weapons can maim or kill you with a good aimed strike or shot. A bottle may not do so much damage in the form of bruises or flesh wounds but can be very dangerous with a well aimed strike. A shotgun will of course do a whole lot of these bruises or flesh wounds and just as with the bottle can be very dangerous if you hit well. If you don't achieve a good strike/shot, then it will take some time to down a target with a bottle, compared to a shotgun. For many weapons getting two successes counts as a well aimed attack.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

BradClark68
Topic Author

Sun 24 Apr 2022, 10:57

Thank you. I think I get it now. Much appreciated