Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Ruins of the Lost Realm Beta PDF Feedback

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 11:03

Hi!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in Ruins of the Lost Realm. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
Please report your feedback no later than April 28, 2022. After this date, we are likely not able to make any further changes.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

timgray101

Re: Ruins of the Lost Realm Beta PDF Feedback

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 11:30

p 118, happened to spot while skimming, typo: two instances of 'Using this optional rules' - settle on singular or plural!

I think those optional rules on time limits could use a sentence explaining why/when you would use them.

And on Borrowing Items on that page, maybe say that of course a hero can carry another's item but can only use it as a normal item of its type? (Eg Sting doesn't somehow lose its pointiness if Sam carries it.) But spending Fellowship enables its superior qualities.

p119 - are you sure you want to include the corebook errata here rather than as a separate download? That ties the two books into each other's updates/editions.

- and one thing spotted in there - in previous errata Lady Elwen's entire stat block was to be replaced by the standard one for a fell wraith, but here it's not, which as I recall makes a big difference to how tough she is - so do double-check.

- and introducing the errata about the nameless thing tables, tell the reader that's what they are.

General point - I would very much like to see a map with the adventure sites in the book marked on it. I was expecting that in the endpapers. Maybe it could be added to the one in the back, with numbered spots and a key or with full labels that stand out.

lenardg

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 14:15

The PDF is missing the Back Cover.

Chronometer76

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 16:09

When using the link I have been able to add the pdf document but it has given an error. Later I have tried several times and it no longer lets me add it to the cart. the link has perfied its reference.

TheGreenKnight

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 17:27

Chapter 3, page 56:
“A CURSE ON ANYONE WHO TAKES THAT WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. MAY THEIR NAMES BE COUNTED WITH AR-PHARAZÔN.”
‘Anyone’ is singular, while ‘them’ and ‘their names’ are plural. Pick one and stick with it.

William

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 17:48

I think those optional rules on time limits could use a sentence explaining why/when you would use them.
This. It's still unclear to me how this affects gameplay.

timgray101

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 18:10

Chapter 3, page 56:
“A CURSE ON ANYONE WHO TAKES THAT WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. MAY THEIR NAMES BE COUNTED WITH AR-PHARAZÔN.”
‘Anyone’ is singular, while ‘them’ and ‘their names’ are plural. Pick one and stick with it.
Actually, that is incorrect. These are the standard English ways to refer to individuals whose gender is unknown or unspecified.

Additional minor bit feedback on book: on the Tharbad map, the location 9 was extremely hard to find as it doesn't follow the sequence of which numbers are near to each other.

Randombias

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 20:38

Aside from the fact that I would prefer if contractions like "it's" or "she's" were avoided altogether -- it feels at odds with the otherwise formal tone of the book --, if you consider them appropriate, please make sure that you are at least using them consistently.

For example, on page 11:
she’s taught herself
It’s not a welcoming place
but
Agna has seen at least sixty years
it is now used by Gurnow’s men

Page 12:
Milton’s a master brewer
but
Roper Grey is a young man

... and so on.

Dunheved

Fri 22 Apr 2022, 21:26

All references to pages are the numbers of the pages printed in the book, not their position in the pdf

TYPO Page 45 first paragraph reads
" .... If the Loremaster needs adversaries for the Player-heroes to face, refer to the stats for Southerner Rider and Southerner Champion presented on page 146 of The One Ring."
and the description in the Core rules book is the Southern RAIDER
22 April

TYPO page 97 on the diagram of the Swanfleet Palace. Labelling error.
Two Spires are labelled with the number 3.
The West Spire should be labelled 2 according to the accompanying text. (Left hand side of the diagram)
Note: This labelling error only appears on one diagram, the other two are correctly labelled.
23 April Edit

ERROR(?) Page 95 column 2 third paragraph line 1 reads " the Ghost Bird make their home... "
Should this be better written as " the Ghost Bird makes its home... "

A similar possible error is on line 8 when it reads " ...their wrath."
And might read easier as " ... its wrath"

23 April

ERROR(?) Page 118 bottom of column 1 section on TIME LIMIT FOR SKILLS ENDEAVOURS
Should change "this optional rules " into " these optional rules" OR " this optional rule"
25 April
Last edited by Dunheved on Sun 24 Apr 2022, 13:51, edited 11 times in total.

gyrovague

Sat 23 Apr 2022, 00:13

Confused by the draughts on page 67. I suspect "season" is supposed to be session, but even then it's not entirely clear how it works. If you take one draught you can, at will, use any of those benefits? Or do you have to take a draught at the moment you want to use it? That wouldn't really make sense for the Protection roll, though.

Anyway, could use some clarification.