fougerec
Topic Author

Ark Projects with Resources rather than Work

Mon 04 Apr 2022, 18:31

While not new to FL games, I'm fairly new to MYZ (having run a campaign once a few years ago) and am about to start a new game. I'm wondering though if folks know of anything to replace the Work roll for Ark projects with resources to be found and collected as in Forbidden Lands strongholds or TW2K bases. My players for the game love the micromanaging of resources and determining what to hunt for in order to build what they want etc.

Thanks

Shads

Re: Ark Projects with Resources rather than Work

Tue 05 Apr 2022, 10:08

I mean it's fairly simple, just use the game mechanics, and then add " you need to find this to finish the project "

Though personally, considering the resources ARE the artifacts they gonna have to Give up to grow thier base, I feel that the resource requirement is coverd there.

fougerec
Topic Author

Re: Ark Projects with Resources rather than Work

Tue 05 Apr 2022, 13:44

I mean it's fairly simple, just use the game mechanics, and then add " you need to find this to finish the project "

Though personally, considering the resources ARE the artifacts they gonna have to Give up to grow thier base, I feel that the resource requirement is coverd there.
I meant Resources in a typical survival game way as opposed to just handing over a Battery to gain a Technology bump. Like in Forbidden Lands if you want to build a forge you need to gather 60 Iron and 400 Stone - which gives the characters a goal and a story hook as maybe there is a quarry but it's under someone else's control. Or in Twilight 2000 if you want to build a garage then you need basic tools and 50 General Parts. Again, provides an adventure hook or character goals.

MYZ is more abstract, which is fine except if your group wants to do all the micromanaging that goes into a survival style game. It's certainly doable to replace the generic "Work" with a resource cost and to generate a list of Resources. I was merely wondering if anyone has done this yet to save me some work :)