JaskoGomad

Re: Urban Operations

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 00:11

Thanks to both of the previous posters for their informative answers.

I’m in for the preorder on that basis!

Viper007

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 02:35

I guess it's too early to find out about the VTT version of Urban Operations? I don't have any interested people in my area to play the basic game, but I do Referee online with Foundry. And since there is no mention of a VTT version, although I assume there will be, maybe, someday, hopefully!!, it is a waste of money for me to pre-order the physical expansion. If there was a pre-order for the digital expansion, I would buy it for the .pdf as well!

If any news on that front, I would be glad to hear!!

kcdusk

Sun 30 Oct 2022, 02:33

Back in 1990 i visited Alcatraz. Even back then (especially back then, when i was 19), i thought Alcatraz would make a great little battle ground. Then came along Call of Duty and re-berth island, which is pretty similar to Alcatraz and is exactly the kind of battle ground i was thinking of back in 1990.

Now, i'd like to say my quick reflexes have left me, but i never had them. So i'm looking at T2KV4.0 and thinking i might run a "Re-berth Island" like game using the urban ops and others, battle maps.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Ursus Maior

Mon 31 Oct 2022, 12:48

Now, i'd like to say my quick reflexes have left me, but i never had them. So i'm looking at T2KV4.0 and thinking i might run a "Re-berth Island" like game using the urban ops and others, battle maps.

Any thoughts/ideas?
The new fourth edition of T2K is definitely a good rule system for such an endeavor, especially since UrbOps hit the (digital) shelves. I'm looking at possible real world sites to base a similar scenario for my current came upon. The Baltic Sea region is a crowded place though and I think it's not likely for a "remote" island with heavy military, semi-military support and radio traffic to go unnoticed for long there. However, Northern Russia is ripe with such remote islands.
liber & infractus

Midnightplat

Tue 01 Nov 2022, 19:12

Back in 1990 i visited Alcatraz. Even back then (especially back then, when i was 19), i thought Alcatraz would make a great little battle ground. Then came along Call of Duty and re-berth island, which is pretty similar to Alcatraz and is exactly the kind of battle ground i was thinking of back in 1990.

Any thoughts/ideas?
I've heard stories that some law enforcement agencies in the San Francisco area have used Alcatraz for simunition CQB training. I think those stories might be b.s. because most of Alcatraz I believe is "technically" a ruin, and I don't see the National Parks Service getting behind the exercise (what isn't ruin, or even the ruins are technically artifact so you wouldn't want simunition paint or even airsoft impact marks on the historic site. That said, any prison complex would be a nightmare scenario for Urban Operations, especially if the access control (doors) systems are functioning and the controls are contested.