Fenhorn

Re: Pushing rules RAW questions

Fri 25 Mar 2022, 06:36

Yes on push attack rolls.

Rolled ones on inital rolls have no effect.

Ones (banes) rolled on gear dice that are pushed break gear.

WP come only from Base Dice (str, wits etc) when a roll is pushed.
HI, I'm new at the GM role and so just need clarification on earning willpower points, so only 1's on Base dice when pushed not when an attribute takes damage...For instance, did a journey roll, lead the way mishap and got Blocked Terrain. Player rolled dice once for a Move skill check and no successes so player failed and took a Strength damage, the player does not get will power point?
Thanks
Thanks.
Yup, only dice that ends up with a bane (1) on pushed skill rolls will generate WP.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

KontaktTower

Fri 25 Mar 2022, 18:35

Thanks for the clarification!

Denis

Sun 27 Mar 2022, 17:37

HI, I'm new at the GM role and so just need clarification on earning willpower points, so only 1's on Base dice when pushed not when an attribute takes damage...For instance, did a journey roll, lead the way mishap and got Blocked Terrain. Player rolled dice once for a Move skill check and no successes so player failed and took a Strength damage, the player does not get will power point?
That right, you only get Willpower when you push rolls, not when you simply take damage for other reasons. And only as many WP as the banes on the base dice.

Licheking

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 22:37

Is it just me or is Pushing in combat the worst thing you can do?

JohanR

Sat 18 Jun 2022, 00:11

Is it just me or is Pushing in combat the worst thing you can do?
It is quite often bad when used in attacks, but if you rolled 6's on your item dice and perhaps some or all ability dice, the push is almost free of danger.
My players tend to push important rolls in combat, like "the demon is spending its attack to take over your mind, roll insight to resist". They tend to kind of always push these rolls if the initial rolls aren't enough (any yes, according to official rules, this might count as an opposed roll and those might not be allowed to be pushed... but as long as they can explain it, it is allowed at my table).

Licheking

Sat 18 Jun 2022, 12:56

The problem I was having at my table was for several rounds no-one was rolling any 6's and the bad guys were completely owning them. So they started to push their rolls to try and get some damage done but ended up just speeding up their own demise.

Fenhorn

Sat 18 Jun 2022, 13:17

Yes on push attack rolls.

Rolled ones on inital rolls have no effect.

Ones (banes) rolled on gear dice that are pushed break gear.

WP come only from Base Dice (str, wits etc) when a roll is pushed.
Thanks
Thanks.
You get one WP per 'bane' that shows up on the base dice (attribute dice) when you have pushed a skill roll. Those 'banes' also causes damage to the attribute in question.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore