Janiseed

Re: One Ring Dice Set

Fri 08 Apr 2022, 00:14

Not sure how pre-order or not would affect the dice, but I can confirm I ordered from the webshop on March 23rd and got dice with the same issue. Good thing I won't be playing it for a few weeks, hopefully we will get replacements by then!

Asgo

Fri 08 Apr 2022, 02:56

given production/transport times and people getting the dice also via various intermediaries, I would bet it might still take some time until everyone gets their replacements.

Luckily, of all possible dice issues it is one of the more creative and most forgiving when working around it until the replacements are there.
I mean the dice are roll-able, not deformed, readable and the erroneous face isn't ambiguous. So using it, while keeping the issue in mind, isn't that much of a problem. And even if someone occasionally forgets it, it doesn't throw off the balance that notably.

Honestly, I am happy they didn't stop fulfillment to wait for the fixed dice, aside from potentially avoiding additional chaos, it provided me with a few dice upgrades that can be dealt out as character upgrade or bonus. ;)

Ergi

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 14:08

Hi! Pre-orders are getting shipped as we speak (it may take some time before all pre-orders are handled), they are not on hold for the replacements. Replacement dice for pre-orders will be adressed shortly, stay tuned for more info.

/Daniel
Customer support
It has been over three weeks now, since you wrote that there will be a timely announcement, regarding pre-orders of faulty dice. As far is I can tell, this never happened. So, how do I get my replacement dice?
Hi! The issue are still to be adressed in an upcoming update. :-)
Hello, we are still waiting for the promised update.

Is this really the level of service that Free League wants to provide to its customers?

Fenhorn

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 14:20

It has been over three weeks now, since you wrote that there will be a timely announcement, regarding pre-orders of faulty dice. As far is I can tell, this never happened. So, how do I get my replacement dice?
Hi! The issue are still to be adressed in an upcoming update. :-)
Hello, we are still waiting for the promised update.

Is this really the level of service that Free League wants to provide to its customers?
If it is an update for the kickstarter you are waiting for, then ask for that on the kickstarter. If it is a request when the replacement dice is coming to the rest of the world, then you will get a faster answer by using their contact form.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Maff

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 20:06

I’m a bit late to this, having bought the starter set only on the weekend; I played two adventures solo and only read about the dice issue a day or so ago. I can’t say it affected my game - I was too caught up in it to notice.

Obviously you buy a thing, it should be right. But I will simply paint over a 1 off the 11…..

Ptimot

Fri 10 Jun 2022, 22:06

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that the actual dice set is more "glossy" looking than the advertised set on Kickstarter? Personally, I was hoping for the more opaque style as advertised - seemed more in sync with the other FL dice sets. But hey, the game is great regardless. Maybe some one would know if the replacement sets will be more like the one on the Kickstarter photo...?

Fenhorn

Fri 10 Jun 2022, 22:14

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that the actual dice set is more "glossy" looking than the advertised set on Kickstarter? Personally, I was hoping for the more opaque style as advertised - seemed more in sync with the other FL dice sets. But hey, the game is great regardless. Maybe some one would know if the replacement sets will be more like the one on the Kickstarter photo...?
That would be very surprising since they are part of a set and made by the same company.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Otaku-sempai

Fri 10 Jun 2022, 22:28

I’m a bit late to this, having bought the starter set only on the weekend; I played two adventures solo and only read about the dice issue a day or so ago. I can’t say it affected my game - I was too caught up in it to notice.

Obviously you buy a thing, it should be right. But I will simply paint over a 1 off the 11…..
It's not much of an issue for me; I still have plenty of 1e dice.
#FideltyToTolkien

Snabelskorna

Fri 17 Jun 2022, 13:19

I bought the black dice set at a game store and got the misprinted one. Are stores on retailer pledge still selling the faulty dice set?
"Men slå tärningen då för fan!"

HunterGreen

Sat 18 Jun 2022, 13:52

There are no others for them to be selling yet, so if they're selling dice, they're the misprinted ones. Probably some of them don't even notice. Contact Free League, they will probably come up with a way to make it good for you.
TOR/AiME Discord: https://discord.me/theonering
Narvi, the TOR bot for Discord: https://bitbucket.org/HawthornThistleberry/narvi/