bryan
Topic Author

Re: First Setup Questions

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 19:55

Regarding the movement between restricted locations. The rules only state that it cost two cubes if you go from an open location to a restricted. As I see it (and have played it so far), this means that it cost only one cube to move between two restricted locations. I will play it this way until Martin say something else. I do think it is the right interpretation tough.
Agreed. With the exception of Location A, all Restricted Locations require Players to cross a body of water from the Open Locations - this would take more effort (waiting for ferry, etc.)

Fenhorn

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 23:13

Regarding the movement between restricted locations. The rules only state that it cost two cubes if you go from an open location to a restricted. As I see it (and have played it so far), this means that it cost only one cube to move between two restricted locations. I will play it this way until Martin say something else. I do think it is the right interpretation tough.
Agreed. With the exception of Location A, all Restricted Locations require Players to cross a body of water from the Open Locations - this would take more effort (waiting for ferry, etc.)
Martin just confirmed that my interpretation of the rules was right, it only cost two time cubes to go from open to restricted, not from restricted to restricted.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

bryan
Topic Author

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 02:44

Martin just confirmed that my interpretation of the rules was right, it only cost two time cubes to go from open to restricted, not from restricted to restricted.
Cool. I also realized from watching a YouTube video that Help doesn't cost Time, Players just need to be in the same Location.

bryan
Topic Author

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 21:40

My list of clarifications is dwindling... but, here's another one:

When kids HACK a Machine, there are two conflicting directions on how that Machine is supposed to move.

p11: Machine Ride
...Place the Machine on a Sectore NEARBY the Kid's current Location. Then move along the grid according to the Movement value on the Machine Sheet.
This indicates Machines move from Grid to Grid.

p20: Hacked Machines
...Move the Machine's miniature to the same Location as the HACKER. It will now go with that Kid ,using Locations instead of the grid Sectors.
This indicates Machine moves from Location to Location, along the white lines, like the Kids.

Is the difference between these just whether or not the Kids are riding?
So, if the kid wants to spend TIME to move from Location to Location, the Machine will just follow along...
Or, the kid can spend the TIME and ride the Machine, but instead of Location to Location, it's Grid to Grid?

Fenhorn

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 21:58

A hacked machine move together with the kid on the various locations, like your own little dog. If you do the machine ride action, the kid will take a ride with his machine. Now you move out the machine to a nearby sector and then you move the machine on the sectors up to the machines movement, where the kid will step off the machine to a nearby location and the machine will again start follow the kid (so it is also moved to the location). Other kids can for free move with the machine if they where on the location where the machine started (there is a limit how many kids can ride the machine at the same time).

So if a kid who is the lead hacker of a machine (so he controls it) moves from M to G, by bus, then he simply moves his standee from M to G and also moves the hacked machine to G. If he then decides to do a machine ride, he move the machine to a nearby sector (either C5, C6, D5 or D6), lets assume D5. From that sector he now moves the machine (with himself and possible others as riders) along the sectors just as a machine moves (so not diagonally), for example to D3 (two moves). From D3 he now has to disembark the machine into a location. He is nearby I and E, he chooses I. He move his standee and the machine to the location I (and any other kid that came along for the ride).

bryan
Topic Author

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:23

A hacked machine move together with the kid on the various locations, like your own little dog. If you do the machine ride action, the kid will take a ride with his machine. Now you move out the machine to a nearby sector and then you move the machine on the sectors up to the machines movement, where the kid will step off the machine to a nearby location and the machine will again start follow the kid (so it is also moved to the location). Other kids can for free move with the machine if they where on the location where the machine started (there is a limit how many kids can ride the machine at the same time).

So if a kid who is the lead hacker of a machine (so he controls it) moves from M to G, by bus, then he simply moves his standee from M to G and also moves the hacked machine to G. If he then decides to do a machine ride, he move the machine to a nearby sector (either C5, C6, D5 or D6), lets assume D5. From that sector he now moves the machine (with himself and possible others as riders) along the sectors just as a machine moves (so not diagonally), for example to D3 (two moves). From D3 he now has to disembark the machine into a location. He is nearby I and E, he chooses I. He move his standee and the machine to the location I (and any other kid that came along for the ride).
Okay – so it does move differently depending on if it is being ridden or following it's Hacker. Got it.

What about at the end of the turn... does a HACKED Machine stay hacked overnight if there is NOT a FIRMWARE UPGRADE in effect? And, if it does, does it follow the Kids to school the next morning?

Fenhorn

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:26

A hacked machine stay hacked until there is a reset. So it will follow his master home, staying outside in the bushes and if there is no reset (no firmware upgrade), then he will be there for another day. If there is a reset, the machine have moved during the night to his starting position (where he started the scenario from) with a new set of (unknown) firewall tokens.

bryan
Topic Author

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:49

A hacked machine stay hacked until there is a reset. So it will follow his master home, staying outside in the bushes and if there is no reset (no firmware upgrade), then he will be there for another day. If there is a reset, the machine have moved during the night to his starting position (where he started the scenario from) with a new set of (unknown) firewall tokens.

Awesome (I've been resetting them every night).

Also, is there ever a point when an ERRATIC Machine loses this condition (and returns to the normal RESPONSE card?
e.g. - if you successful HACK an ERRATIC Machine, when a FIRMWARE UPGRADE happens, will it also lose the ERRATIC condition during the RESET?

Fenhorn

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:57

Awesome (I've been resetting them every night).

Also, is there ever a point when an ERRATIC Machine loses this condition (and returns to the normal RESPONSE card?
e.g. - if you successful HACK an ERRATIC Machine, when a FIRMWARE UPGRADE happens, will it also lose the ERRATIC condition during the RESET?
I don't think so. If a machine become erratic is controlled by diary cards. Firmware upgrade only reset hacked machines to their starting position (and you remove the firewall tokens), the response card remains.

bryan
Topic Author

Thu 30 Dec 2021, 23:10

I don't think so. If a machine become erratic is controlled by diary cards. Firmware upgrade only reset hacked machines to their starting position (and you remove the firewall tokens), the response card remains.
That was what I was thinking too, (since I haven't read ALL the Diary cards, I don't know)

GLITCHED = ERRATIC (according to Diary Card B3.

There is nothing in the Rulebook to define GLITCHED, so is that term ONLY used in the context of the Diary Card conditions.
So it would make sense that it would take a Diary Card to impact whatever conditions are set by previous Diary Cards.