Thu 30 Sep 2021, 06:40

Frontier War Campaign
MISSION 3
Operation Quiet Catch
At the Corinth Colony and Norcomm Ouragan Facility
In the KOI-571 System (UPP space)

more stuff here : https://www.deviantart.com/arthurdallas/gallery

Mission

A UPP bioweapons testing facility has suffered a catastrophe and the PCs are sent in to find out what they were making and what went wrong.

Gear requisition

PCs are given an anti-radiation injection that protects them for 3 days. The PCs must be back after that otherwise they will suffer from radioactive poisoning. ID23 underslung incinerator Unit attachment will replace the U1 launcher on each M41 Pulse Rifle. PCs are additionally authorised to take Armat-4 Breaching Charges.

Mission briefing

This time the marines are hastily mobilized and put into cryosleep before they can be briefed. When they wake up, gentle instructions from MU/TH/UR 9000 direct them to dress and assemble on the 3rd special flight deck. It soon becomes clear that Lt. Hope and the second section are absent.

On the 3rd special flight deck, a Mantis-class vessel (called SSV BOGOMOL) has been prepared for take-off and Mr.Ganon is standing in front of the PCs. A tall young woman wearing a UPP uniform is standing (with an icy stare) in the briefing section. Mr.Ganon hands a modular computing device. Once placed on the deck before the team, the cube emits a hologram of General Vaughn herself.

"Marines, apologies, I had put you on special assignment without any notice. We had to get you behind enemy lines as quietly as possible. You are in UPP territory right now. Intel found us a black site these bastards set up just inside their borders, one that's gone and fucked itself royally".

"Reports suggest the Corinth Colony on planet KOI-751.02 has become the victim of their own bioweapons experiment. We aren't sure what the hell they were making, only that it went to hell. All we know is that a low yield nuke vaporized the Corinth colony. For what we know the bioweapons were developed at the Norcomm Ouragan Facility about 100 klicks outside of the colony (but within the radiation zone). Ouragan was not close enough to be destroyed. So you kids get to go with an anti-radiation injection (good for 3 days), scout the area, download their computer core, collect samples of what they were working on and come home safely before any UPP rescue efforts arrive".

"You may have noted your CO is MIA. Lt. Hope and the second section are on a separate run. MU/TH/UR 9000 is in charge of operations and Mr.Ganon is running the show on the ground. We have Corporal Tanya Lebedev, a UPP military scientific defector working with us for this mission. She worked at the Ouragan Facility and knows the place. She will be a special advisor for the team. The UPP MMS officer running Ouragan is Colonel Doctor Balazs. If you find him, we want the team to bring him back. He's one of the most wanted by The USCMC".

"There are six automated BP-33 Celestial Defense Artillery Railguns protecting the Ouragan Facility within sensor range. So we can't drop you into close orbit with The Tambitam for risk of being shot down. You will use the UPP Mantis SSV BOGOMOL to enter the system and land on KOI-751.02. The BOGOMOL has an UPP perimeter access code to neutralize the BP-33 if the information is correct. The Tambitam will retreat to a safe distance and wait for your signal. Good luck and come home safely.

Insertion

The USS Tambitam enters the system and drops into orbit to a safe distance from the automated BP-33 Celestrial Defense Artillery. As telemetry comes in, it is confirmed that Corinth Colony is gone, nuked off the planetary surface. The Tambitam can't stay in a geosynchronous orbit too long for risk of being shot down. A last surface scan shows that the massive Celestial Canons to be too close to Ouragan to risk bombarding them (Ouragan could easily be taken out).

The alpha section as well as Mr.Ganon and Corporal Tanya Lebedev take place in the UPP Mantis SSV Bogomol. It has been decided that the dropship "Surprise Attack" team (Corporal Gale and Crew Chief Cobb) will not take part in the mission. The special support team (from the UAS El Diablo, Captain Wincott, Chief Pinon, Mercenary Perlman, Pilot Flowers and Synthetic Winona) will be in charge of flying the Bogomol.

The USCMC 2nd platoon (kilo company) alpha section is composed of :

-Sergeant Matthews (section sergeant)
-Synthetic Lance (scientific advisor and medic)
-Corporal Biehn (1st squad leader)
-PFC Jenette (1st squad smartgunner)
-PFC Paxton (1st squad comtech)
-Private Ricco (1st squad sniper)
-Corporal Giler (2nd squad leader)
-Private Rolston (2nd squad smartgunner)
-Private Steedman (2nd squad comtech)
-Private Tipping (2nd squad sniper)

The SSV Bogomol activates the launch and the Tambitam retreats to a safe distance. Mr.Ganon, Tanya, Sergeant Matthews, Corporal Biehn and Synthetic Lance meet in the cockpit to discuss the approach strategy. Captain Wincott and Pilot Flowers are piloting the Bogomol. "We have activated the perimeter access code. We will know very soon if it works", (says Pilot Flowers). "Let's see what we can see. I have the Ouragan maps with my computer p-dat. Tanya provided us with the details. We will be able to follow the personal data transmitter (PDT) of each colonist (Corinth) and staff members of the Ouragan Facility. We will know if they are alive or dead", (says Mr.Ganon). "What can you tell us Tanya", (says Corporal Biehn).

"People of Corinth are all dead. My family lived there and we haven't heard from anyone for weeks. It was probably the atmospheric processor that blew up. There should still be survivors suffering from radiation sickness. I do not understand. We were working on the DARKSTAR program. The HEOMOPF creature (6 or 7 feet tall) develops in a process of gestating inside a living host organism. Egg sacks would release a cloud of microscopic insect-like spores (MOTES) in the air and enter a host. This creature is a military weapon you understand. They weren't ready 2 months ago but now I have a doubt. It will be necessary to be very careful. Our main goal is to download the computer core. We have to go here (she shows the CCCD bunker and operations building). First we will enter through the security bunker here. I suggest landing at the Landing Pad site (one kilometer south of the base). We can take a vehicule (UPP OX series) there. We will meet a dozen guards (androids fighting Joe) at Ouragan. They can only perform limited pre-programmed actions. They shouldn't be a problem", (says Corporal Tanya Lebedev). Corporal Biehn glances in direction of Mr.Ganon. "You knew about this", (says Corporal Biehn). "Of course. Look. Everything is going to be alright. The creatures were probably all destroyed by the nuke. There we download the data form the computer core. We take samples. We bring back Doctor Balazs and voila. It's a routine mission", (says Mr.Ganon). "Sweethearts get ready for the parade. Someone wake up Paxton, please", (says Sergeant Matthews).

The Landing Pad

The artillery is silent. That's good news. The Ouragan Facility is located on the hot, dusty savanna of KOI-751.02. Six massive Celestial Artillery guns dwarf the facility itself, looking similar to giant oil pumps. A kilometer out south from the Ouragan Facility is a concrete landing pad with a blast-damaged communications array and a small partially collapsed warehouse. A UPP OX Series vehicule is stationary on the ground. The Bogomol lands. There are people working near the warehouse. The big door is open.

The PCs disembarks and heads for the warehouse. Finally there is only one person and as they approach, they realize that it's an android "fighting joe" equipped with an AK-4047 rifle. "It's weird, he shouldn't have a gun. We should be careful", (says Tanya to Corporal Biehn). Corporal Biehn gestures to everyone to stay alert. The Joe speaks Russian in a pleasant tone, saying, "What a lovely day it is. Can I be of assistance? Please supply the retrieval code for entry". Tanya translates into english and the Joe repeats everything in english this time and waits. Biehn looks at Tanya but she signals that she doesn't know the code. "We are the command team and we are here to treat the injured. Let us pass", (says Corporal Biehn). The Joe's eyes flash red and he asks the PCs to step inside for questioning. The Joe puts his hand on Biehn's shoulder. Biehn pushes the android's hand. At this moment, a second Joe comes out of the warehouse. He has a RPG-122 Rocket launcher in his hands. His eyes flash red. "Jesus, take cover, he has a rocket launcher", (says Sergeant Matthews). Everything happens very quickly. The Joe fires his rocket at the Bogomol's engines. A huge explosion is heard. Objects fall and flames light up the sky. Ricco and Tipping unload their guns on the (rocket) android and he falls. Biehn pushes the (AK-4047) android to the ground and Tanya pulls out her gun and shoots him in the head.

"Secure the perimeter. Giler inspect the area with your squad. Paxton, Jenette, Ricco I want to know if there are other androids in the warehouse or at the comms tower. I want a status report", (says Sergeant Matthews). Mr.Ganon, Lance, Biehn and Tanya head into the Bogomol to help the support team. They find inside Wincott, Perlman, Flowers and Winona with their comrade Pinon in their arms. Chief mechanic Pinon was near the engines. He died instantly.

After inspecting the surroundings, everyone gathers in the warehouse and discusses the plan. There are no other fighting Joe and no UPP staff here. The Bogomol is a total loss. There is no way to get the engines back and running. The good news is, there is a UPP ACCIPITER dropship in the warehouse. With half a day work, it can be restored to flight condition. The dropship is prone to overheating but it's the only way out. The fighting Joes were attaching Armat-4 charges to the Accipiter to destroy it apparently. They have destroyed the comms tower in the same way. PCs found that person-to-person communications are not working because of radiation interference. So, there is no communication with the Tambitam.

The team takes a break to regroup. Paxton, Ricco and Jenette go on patrol. Mr.Ganon, Lance, Matthews, Tanya and Biehn do an analysis of the (rocket) fighting Joe. The support team (Wincott, Perlman, Flowers and Winona) get to work on the dropship.

Message intercepted and Pack Hunters

Lance examines the fighting Joe. he picks up an underlying layer of code chatter (1VAN's communication channel with the Joes). "I can't disrupt it. But we can eavesdrop on it and learn messages between 1VAN and his Joes. I can read right now that the main comms array is broadcasting an SOS signal", (says Synthetic Lance). "What is it Tanya", (says Corporal Biehn). "I don't know. I didn't have level 3 clearance. I can just think it's a message for central command. We have to hurry up. The only way to stop it I guess is to deactivate the comms at the Computer Core Defense (CCCD) Bunker", (says Tanya). Lance integrates the communication chip into his central processor. He will be able to hear 1VAN communications at all times.

Paxton, Ricco and Jenette are on patrol outside. They hear strange hooting sounds coming form the perimeter ashen fog. The sounds of distant animals calling to each other. The hoots get closer. Shadows moving in the fog, always just out of sight. "Take this pandejo (meaning asshole)", (says Private first-class Jenette firing her smartgun in the direction of sounds). Mr.Ganon, Tanya and Biehn join Paxton, Ricco and Jenette. They hear again distant animals sounds. "I'm afraid your monsters are not all dead Mr.Ganon. These are young Heomopf that we hear", (says Tanya).

Everyone gets together one last time before leaving for the Ouragan Facility. It has been decided that the support team will finish the work on the dropship and will join later the team at the entrance gate with the dropship. Lance discovered that the Ouragan base is in sleeping protocol awaiting a UPP retrieval team. Lance was also able to build a communication link using 1VAN protocols in order to communicate with the support team. Lance also discovered that the base had UPP 571-C sentry guns and was able to put them all into sleeping mode without 1VAN noticing.

The Security Bunker and the Guard House

The Ouragan Facility itself is approximately 100 meters across and surrounded by a four-meter wall constructed of reinforced concrete. The Security Bunker is a fortified building with an automated sentry gun. Floodlights mounted on the wall illuminate the compound as the vehicule (OX Series) approaches. "All right sweethearts, all squads gear up, let's move. I want a nice clean dispersal this time", (says Sergeant Matthews)."Mr.Ganon what are you reading on the PDT", (says Corporal Biehn). "I'm reading 3 people alive and 12 deads located in the sleeping quarters section. I read nothing in the guard section", (says Mr.Ganon).

The front door is not locked. Paxton opens the door. A Fighting Joe stands in front of the door in the center of the room. His head is down. He's not armed. The room includes 2 desks and 3 cells. A door is closed in the background. The Joe does not move, it looks unplugged. They find a corpse (UPP scientist) in a cell, his head smashed. Jenette takes the opportunity to tear off the Joe's head. "We missed the party", (says private first-class Paxton). "I'm reading that 1VAN cannot answer all the requests. it must be selective. it's starting to lose power. I read that he's watching a BOL-SHOY, what is that", (says Synthetic Lance). "It means the big one, Bol-Shoy means the big one, I don't know what it is", (says Tanya).

The group move in the guard room. Nobody is there. There is a small armory there and an exterior door which gives access to the square. "I'm reading only one PDT alive in the sleeping quarters. We should hurry up", (says Mr.Ganon).

The Rec Room and the Gulag (sleeping quarters)

The group enters the room. It's a galley with tables and chairs. There is food on the ground. The room is a mess. PCs hear pained moarns through the ventilation system. "It's coming from the sleeping quarters, hurry up. It's in the North section", (says Mr.Ganon). PCs enter the corridor and open the door of the north section (silently). The main lights are dead (only a low-level orange emergency lighting runs). The wall here are partially coated in bubbles of bloated resin, over a dozen recognizable human bodies, and several not so recognizable ones. Most are too far gone to be considered human (they look like cocooned victims). There is a young woman (in a UPP scientist uniform) who opens her eyes. She's covered in a layer of slime. "Please help me, get me out of here", (says Major Arietta). "oh my god it's Arietta, quick help her Biehn", (says Tanya). "Giler, secure the perimeter", (says Sergeant Matthews). Corporal Biehn approaches Major Arietta and sets her free. The group decides to go next door to the Medlab to stabilize Arietta and regroup. They barricade the door.

The medlab

The medlab includes two examination rooms and a shower. The area is in surprisingly good shape. There is medical supplies, medkits, surgical tools and whatever drugs the PCs might need. In the far corner is a stack of seven corpses in body bags.

"Great, Americans. Tanya what are you doing with them. You came to kill us all with your monsters and bioweapons", (says Major Arietta). Synthetic Lance performs first aid on the woman. "That looks like the Dragon from Robert Morse's banned book, we hit the jackpot man", (says private first-class Paxton). "You're an asshole Ganon pandejo", (says private first-class Jenette). Mr.Ganon is going white as a sheet. "It can't be true. They all had to die after 7 days. The xenomorphs had to die. Project Life Force used this site to test the UA Biodrone weapon yes. The USCMC Blackguards captured a UPP transport carrying 200 workers heading this way. They made them all hosts while in cryosleep. But xenomorphs had to die after 7 days", (says Mr.Ganon completely surprised and in terror). "A test site, you're kidding me, these people are fucking dead Ganon. Well, I'm gonna make sure they nail you right to the wall for this", (says Tanya, grabbing Mr.Ganon by his vest and shoving him against a wall). "Fuck you're dog-meat pal", (says private first-class Paxton). "Did Project Life Force nuked Corinth Colony", (says Corporal Biehn facing Mr.Ganon). "No, as the xenomorphs spread carnage throughout the colony, Colonel Doctor Balazs decided to use the Heomopf weapon and he pumped motes into the colony's ventilation systems. The results were terrifying. When it became clear the xenomorphs were winning, Balazs detonated a low yield nuke on the colony. I do not feel good", (says Major Arietta, closing her eyes and lying on the med bed). "Please rest. She has a strong fever", (says Synthetic Lance).

Everyone gets together. "I suggest going directly to the CCCD Bunker. Download the data and shut down or blow up 1VAN. Take the dropship and nuke Ouragan from orbit. It's the only way to be sure", (says Corporal Biehn). Tanya smiles at Biehn. "Major Arietta is in no condition to come with us to the CCCD Bunker. Wincott, can you tell me when will you be able to join us", (says Synthetic Lance). "We'll be there in two hours", (says Wincott with the special communication link). "I'm with you. Just need 5 minutes of rest. Find me painkillers and a gun", (says Major Arietta with a smile).

Arietta continues her story. "We attempted to delete all of Ouragan's Heomopf research data but a contingency protocol was activated by 1VAN. Then 1VAN used its fighting Joes to kill all personnel on site and defend the core until UPP forces arrived to retrieve the data and destroy the base. We don't have a lot of time. I lost sight of Doctor Balazs at the end. He was with Minh and Alonso", (says Major Arietta).

CCCD Bunker

"OK let's talk about our plan to enter the CCCD bunker. Sergeant, Biehn, I have an idea. There is a maintenance hatch on the roof near the uplink dish. We have a direct access to the bunker room. The CCCD bunker must be full of fighting Joes. We can surprise them that way", (says Tanya). "Yes we will shoot them like pigeons", (says Corporal Biehn). "With the uplink dish terminal, I will be able to download the Ouragan databases with a direct bypass comtech link", (says Synthetic Lance). "We can then throw Armat-4 charges into the room and blow up the mainframe and the uplink transmission. We need cover fire on all sides on the roof", (says Sergeant Matthews).

The group goes to the Guard House (with an access to the square there). The 1st squad is first. Followed by Sergeant Matthews, Mr.Ganon, Lance, Tanya and Arietta. The 2nd squad is last. It's starting to rain outside. It's night. The base emergency lights are working. The vision is good.

The group goes outside. There's a ladder on the south side (near the generators). As the group approaches, at the bottom of the ladder, 3 almost unrecognizable bodies are lying together. They are mutilated. Doctor Balazs and 2 other scientists are dead. Everyone goes up on the roof. The 2nd squad remains on the south side. The 1st squad goes north-west (above the cccd bunker). Private Tipping, Sergeant Matthews, Tanya, Arietta and Mr.Ganon are watching the north-east side. Lance pulls out his p-dat computer and works on the bypass comtech link. "I need 15 minutes, it's working", (says Synthetic lance). Wincott tells PCs that he's on his way with the dropship. Everything is going well. They have 3 nukes on board.

Major Arietta is not feeling well. The fever started again. Her eyes are bloated and glossy. "Arietta is not doing well Sergeant. I don't know what she has", (says Tanya). "We should leave her on this planet", (says Mr.Ganon). "No, that's a bad call mister", (says Tanya). Tanya sees a strange shadow on the warehouse. It looks massive and strong with a long tail. It must be 7-8 feet tall. "That's the big one, bol-shoy. I recognized him", (says Arietta tight in Tanya's arms). The shadow disappears.

The fighting Joes retaliate on the north-west wall and the south wall. The marines are firing. Lance announces that the download is completed. Biehn opens the bunker hatch. Paxton shoots the Joe inside. They throw 3 Armat-4 charges inside the room. Everyone covers up. The explosion blows the hatch. The building shook. The Joes stop shooting, the are disabled. "We are done marines, come on let's go", (says Sergeant Matthews).

The square

The group leaves the roof and returns to the square. Tanya takes care of Arietta who walks slowly. The yard lights are still on. Screams can be heard. Rolston opens fire with his smartgun. "I have targets", (says private Rolston). A group of 3 Heomorpf attacks the 2nd squad. They have white skin and radiation marks. They are fierce. A Heomorpf bites private Steedman's throat (ruptured jugular). He falls to the ground. Rolston kills one. Another Heomorpf attacks Tipping and knocks him down. The creature is dragging him away in the shadows. We hear nothing more.

Giler kills the Heomorpf near Steedman's body. Bol-Shoy biodrone takes advantage of the situation and get closer to Tanya and Arietta. The huge black creature grabs Arietta's arm. The 2 women are terrified. Tanya ends up being able to push the monster away. Jenette and Paxton come to help. Biehn comes out of nowhere and shoots at the Bol-Shoy biodrone. He's only hurt. The creature turns around quickly and lets Tanya and Arietta go. Bol-Shoy catchs Mr.Ganon who can not do nothing. He grabs him with force, breaking his neck (killing him instantly) and jumps on the roof of the CCCD bunker. The creature and Mr.Ganon disappear in the rain.

Sergeant Matthews searches for Tipping but nothing. "I'm sorry we have to go, they could come back", (says Corporal Biehn). The group enters the Security Bunker building. They are tired and exhausted. Lance carries steedman's body. They come out of the building and the dropship is just landing. They all enter. The accipiter takes off. The heat gauge keeps climbing. They throw their nuke bomb. Below, the clouds light up from beneath. Ouragan has exploded. They are reaching orbit and they find the Tambitam.

This is Game Mother signing OFF.

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Re: Frontier War - Mission 3 Operation Quiet Catch play report

Thu 30 Sep 2021, 06:43

my group got their ass kicked this time.

Angelman

Mon 25 Oct 2021, 22:13

Another fun rundown, Dallas :) These summaries really help me internalize the scenarios for when I'm gonne GM them myself. Thanks.

Question: What are you guys' deal with the (seemingly) Aliens characters clones, but using the actors' names, and players (again seemingly) speaking primarily in the Aliens characters' lines? That is sure an intriguing project! Have the players memorized their PCs' role-model's lines? How does this work in your game? :)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Mon 25 Oct 2021, 23:10

I'm adding the characters lines (aliens characters lines) after, it's post edited or writing stuff to add "fun" to the story. My players love this and they are using the lines sometimes. I have 3-4 players playing more than one characters. it's more fun that way, so when you lose a character it's not so dramatic.

Angelman

Mon 25 Oct 2021, 23:15

I'm adding the characters lines (aliens characters lines) after, it's post edited or writing stuff to add "fun" to the story. My players love this and they are using the lines sometimes. I have 3-4 players playing more than one characters. it's more fun that way, so when you lose a character it's not so dramatic.
Ah, I see. Cool :) And yes, running multiple characters is pretty wise, I think. I'll certainly have my players do that when I run Destroyer of Worlds, and probably Fronteir War, too.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Tue 26 Oct 2021, 19:12

and using the "alien actors or production's name" gives us a lot of back ground for the characters. you get the feeling (more) of the character. I would say you care more for them too. It was a good idea for the campaign. I'm trying not to kill Biehn or Synthetic Lance or Sergeant Matthews or Paxton or Jenette. Those are the main PCs in our game.

Angelman

Tue 26 Oct 2021, 20:53

and using the "alien actors or production's name" gives us a lot of back ground for the characters. you get the feeling (more) of the character. I would say you care more for them too. It was a good idea for the campaign. I'm trying not to kill Biehn or Synthetic Lance or Sergeant Matthews or Paxton or Jenette. Those are the main PCs in our game.
It's a very interesting idea. As you say, you get a lot "for free" by having some "role models" for PCs & NPCs to default to. I like it :)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

Angelman

Thu 18 Aug 2022, 17:34

Hey, all,

I’ve had great use of reading other GMs’ experiences and adaptations of the Alien RPG cinematics and campaign scenarios, finding much food for though and inspiration in their renditions, and I also love sharing my own in case they can be of use to anyone. While running the FW mission Operation Quiet Catch over the last couple of weeks, I had an idea that worked very well in our game that I thought I should share.

Running Op. Quiet Catch has taken a surprising number of sessions for us; there are just so many moving parts and lurking dangers that telling the story with players’ interactions has turned it into a rather sweeping action-horror epic. I found that in my game, the story element and mystery that had the greatest impact on my players was Bol’Shoy, this named xenomorph on its own road to legend. As our mission progressed, Bol’Shoy – after a few encounters with the PCs – sort of disappeared into the background as other story beats and dangers took the center stage. So much so that when finally the Zhukov nukes the Ourange site from orbit, with the PCs fleeing for their lives to get out of the blast zone, they had already written Bol’Shoy off. I wanted to bring him back for one last hurrah, but the moment never came, and then it hit me… I have a perfect opportunity here for adding a last-minute extra act to Op. Quiet Catch, reminiscent of Alien which was originally scripted to end with Ripley reaching the Narcissus shuttle and flying off to safety. So I filed Bol’Shoy away in the back of my mind, to be brought out to play with the PCs later, once they felt safe and in control.

In short, Bol’Shoy – along with two ovomorph eggs – somehow snuck along for the ride, stealing unseen onboard (or on the outside of) the dropship that in our version ended up coming down from Tamb’Itam to rescue the marines and their POWs. On the planet, the atmosphere is a soup of fog and radioactive ash, which explains why nobody saw Bol’Shoy sneak about… When back onboard Tamb’Itam, the Conestoga workhorse had been damaged in a space combat shootout with the UPP destroyer Zhukov, and a long list of emergency tasks awaited the marines there, AND there were POWs to keep an eye on, meaning nobody noticed the lone xenomorph sneaking off to hide somewhere out of sight, waiting for the place to go quiet.

At this point, Bol’Shoy had been on the edge of the nuclear strike blast zone and, despite being very resistant to radiation (as per xeno rules), had suffered much injury. As for the eggs, Bol’Shoy shielded them as best it could with its own body, but one of them was slowly dying. Bol’Shoy’s presence was foreshadowed by MU/TH/ER detecting elevated background radiation levels in certain parts of the ship, consistent with people dragging radioactive dust and ash onboard Tamb’Itam. Naturally, the marines had done just that – brought their hazmat suits and gear etc. covered in radioactive dirt – onboard their ship, so nobody suspected anything more and the CBRN specialist went to work cleaning up the worst contaminations as best she could.

Now flying at FTL speeds and starting to suffer mild (pre-)symptoms of the DNN sickness, the crew retired to the cryopods after a handful of shifts spent repairing and maintaining Tamb’Itam, feeling safe and snug. As the game session came to an end, I sprung the cliffhanger on them. The PCs awakes from cryosleep as warning lights flash and alarms blare; over the intercoms MU/TH/ER quotes the Alien3 alert which the broken Bishop extracts from the Sulaco flight recorder thingy: “Stasis interrupted – Fire in cryogenic compartment. Repeat, fire in cryogenic compartment.”

The game session ended with my players groaning and moaning and cursing their fortunes. The upcoming session will see the marines finding one dead egg suspended over one of their cryopods, and another open one hanging directly above the pod of their favorite NPC marine, the cover melted through and the poor lad facehugged. Somewhere in the dark, an angry Bol’Shoy – trembling with pain and injury – lurks, seeking to restart its failed efforts in the Ouragan facility by creating a new hive in the bowls of Tamb’Itam.

My players are not sure they dare return to the table now… *evil cackling* :twisted:
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Fri 19 Aug 2022, 05:16

ahahahah! very good ending man.
bringing back Bol'shoy on the Tambitam is a great idea.
now they have to get rid of it.
easier said then done.

Angelman

Fri 19 Aug 2022, 19:34

ahahahah! very good ending man.
bringing back Bol'shoy on the Tambitam is a great idea.
now they have to get rid of it.
easier said then done.
Agreed! It's gonna be a very interesting final session for this mission, I think :)

I've also run Bol'shoy as an exceedingly clever xenomorph drone, capable of planning and analyzing situations, frequently destroying lights and cutting power to even the odds vs. the heavily armed marines, so this should be fun 8-) I have the feeling that Bol'shoy will become one of those NPCs my gaming group will talk about for years to come!
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".