Grimmshade
Topic Author

Aliens Infiltrator & Fireteam Elite

Wed 25 Aug 2021, 19:10

Anyone else get the Aliens Fireteam Elite videogame and/or the prequel novel Aliens Infiltrator?
Both are pretty decent resources for RPG ideas. I'm not finished with Fireteam yet, but it's filled with lore and cool stuff. It's also got great graphics and sound, including the score. Overall I recommend both to Alien fans, and like I said they are great for mining ideas for the RPG.

GentlemanRaptor

Re: Aliens Infiltrator & Fireteam Elite

Thu 26 Aug 2021, 03:41

Fireteam Elite definitely has nods to the Colonial Marines Operations Manual, as it explicitly takes place post-Frontier War and mentions some changes as a consequence of that (and some changes in general that were mentioned in the RPG book, as, the USCMC are now the UACMC). Second this recommendation - go shoot some xenos with your buddies!

bull30075

Thu 09 Sep 2021, 00:56

I heard in a recent panel that Gaska was consulted for Fireteam and the Colonial Marines sourcebook recently released hints at the 'fireteam' model and how it might expand to 3 in the future. I was amused by this. Also the game make references to both Isolation video game but things that are in the RPG. While their is mods and decals in the game I will say that I could see those mods being employed by Corporate 'assets' to give them just a little edge over the UCMS in confrontations. Maybe only one mod can be applied per weapon so you don't end up with ridiculous amount of dice pools which could be unbalancing in a game.

Grimmshade
Topic Author

Thu 09 Sep 2021, 04:57

I'm really enjoying the game and it's lore so far. It's also neat seeing things in the game from the novel. The RPG could use some stats for the basic runners from the game. Morphs that semi-easy to kill but come in high numbers.

Jedo

Sun 12 Sep 2021, 00:50

My players took a vote and decided they wanted to move our CMOM campaign to 2202 in the fireteam timeline. So I guess their PCs will have a nice long hypersleep nap, and I'll have to track down a lore document...

Newt

Mon 20 Sep 2021, 12:02

Hi,
reading now through Infiltrator, and waiting to have roleplayed through CMOM campaign before playing with Fireteam Elite to avoid too many spoilers.

Where is the reference to the fireteam 3 men instead of 2 men in the CMOM?

Thanks!

ExileInParadise

Wed 22 Sep 2021, 00:06

Hi,
reading now through Infiltrator, and waiting to have roleplayed through CMOM campaign before playing with Fireteam Elite to avoid too many spoilers.
Where is the reference to the fireteam 3 men instead of 2 men in the CMOM?
Thanks!
CMOM page 41 specifically mentions fireteams are still 2 people.
Page 39 says that a *proposed* change to 3 person fireteams are on the table.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad