_ArthurDallas_

Re: Source of Ovomorphs

Fri 06 Aug 2021, 16:54

there is one other ideas here ... maybe there is a engineer cave on LV-426 no one have discovered yet. And the derelict comes from there. Someone tried to depart but something went wrong as we know before departure ... I'm on exileInParadise side here, only 18 years gap and a derelict crashed for a very long time (dallas commentary). I would say maybe the derelict was there for a long time and someone brought the eggs there after but that doesn't explain the pilot chestbursted.

_ArthurDallas_

Fri 06 Aug 2021, 17:02

OR David-8 didn't created the alien (xeno) but he found something on planet 4 in the engineer caves again that was not created by him. Maybe xeno were created a very long time ago by someone we haven't meet yet. And that would explain the derelict on LV-426 was there for a very long time with a pilot chestbursted. We thought in COVENANT that David-8 was the inventor / father of the xeno we know but maybe he just found something already created in the caves.

Jonsey

Mon 09 Aug 2021, 16:20

there is one other ideas here ... maybe there is a engineer cave on LV-426 no one have discovered yet. And the derelict comes from there. Someone tried to depart but something went wrong as we know before departure ... I'm on exileInParadise side here, only 18 years gap and a derelict crashed for a very long time (dallas commentary). I would say maybe the derelict was there for a long time and someone brought the eggs there after but that doesn't explain the pilot chestbursted.

Yes, I think you are getting there.

I like the old claim that someone who was studying biology once wrote a letter (in the old days one used pen and paper) to an film magazine letter debate claiming that judging by the surface decomposure of the mummy (pilot/engineer/elephant-man) it must have been dead for at least 55.000 years (Holy mammoth here!). This always intrigued me.

If not accustomed to Alien lore the original O’bannon story was in short : An alien ship of space explorers landed near a “breeding” temple of an ancient civilisation. One of the two crew members got contaminated and popped in his pilot chair. The other one killing the chest burster whose acid melted a hole in the floor ruining the ships steering. “They” (corpse and the other thing) was now stranded and the other crewmember activated a warning signal (don’t come close to this moon) before dying of hunger out side the ship.

As plot was changed through budget restrictions and script re-writes, the other crewmember fozzilized outside was left out but still exist in the script and storyboard iirc. The breeding temple got incorporated into the derelict converting it to a “bomber” to save studio space and money. The hole melted in the floor from the KIA chestburster can still be seen in the movie where Kane is lowered into. Yes look closely and you’ll see its melted. Rest is history.

So by thinking outside the box one can brain storm up a lot of interesting ideas that don’t necessarily need to follow later exploitations.

ExileInParadise

Mon 09 Aug 2021, 17:00

If not accustomed to Alien lore the original O’bannon story was in short : An alien ship of space explorers landed near a “breeding” temple of an ancient civilisation. One of the two crew members got contaminated and popped in his pilot chair. The other one killing the chest burster whose acid melted a hole in the floor ruining the ships steering. “They” (corpse and the other thing) was now stranded and the other crewmember activated a warning signal (don’t come close to this moon) before dying of hunger out side the ship.
And all that is left of that "could have been" is the Alien trading card picture of the exoskeleton outline on the rock.
(well, and the stuff about the temple and alien civilation from Scanon's book of Alien pre-production paintings)

Ah, the tragedy of cutting room and budget crunching...
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad