Jeremysbrain

Re: Lets Talk About Radiation

Sat 05 Jun 2021, 14:40

I'm going back through the rules and unless I missed something RAW it is only possible to die from Critical Hits or Coup de Grace. I don't see another source of death listed. If that is the case is it actually possible to die from radiation or sickness at all? Did I miss a rule somewhere?

Fenhorn

Sat 05 Jun 2021, 15:18

I'm going back through the rules and unless I missed something RAW it is only possible to die from Critical Hits or Coup de Grace. I don't see another source of death listed. If that is the case is it actually possible to die from radiation or sickness at all? Did I miss a rule somewhere?
First a reminder ...
Each time you get Rad, you check to see if you become Radiation Poisoned. This check is harder the more Rad you have. If you are Radiation Poisoned, you must make an Infection Roll (also this is harder the more Rad you have) after the Incubation period, which is one Shift for Radiation. Failing that, you got Radiation Sickness and will start to take damage. You will make this check each day to see if you get well. Each day you are sick you:
- Suffer one point of damage
- Can't heal
- and also suffer from some other symptoms. For Radiation Sickness, these are Vomiting, Diarrhea and Bleeding.

and now how to die from sickness (including Radiation Sickness) p.81:
If you are incapacitated by damage while sick, you die after another day if you're not given medical aid before then.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Jeremysbrain

Sat 05 Jun 2021, 15:37

If you are incapacitated by damage while sick, you die after another day if you're not given medical aid before then.
That was the part I was missing, thanks.

CherryC0p
Topic Author

Sat 05 Jun 2021, 16:30

where the initial stamina/tech rolls are made by the referee and the player finds out about being sick only through the symptoms. Probably very much depends on the group, but I think approaching it this way would make PCs more cautious and provide a little side adventure if somebody gets sick - to first figure out what they have or where they got it from and then to treat it.
The 30something rolls can be done very easily in a dice roller on the DM's end
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

silverfoxdmt73

Wed 05 Oct 2022, 10:18

First a reminder ...
Each time you get Rad, you check to see if you become Radiation Poisoned. This check is harder the more Rad you have. If you are Radiation Poisoned, you must make an Infection Roll (also this is harder the more Rad you have) after the Incubation period, which is one Shift for Radiation. Failing that, you got Radiation Sickness and will start to take damage. You will make this check each day to see if you get well. Each day you are sick you:
- Suffer one point of damage
- Can't heal
- and also suffer from some other symptoms. For Radiation Sickness, these are Vomiting, Diarrhea and Bleeding.

Thanks Fenhorn, I was confused by the Rad rules until I checked back and found this... I was reading the virulence modifiers all wrong. Makes sense now!