is now released! 2e support is now officially in there and no longer in a halfway state -- Narvi's 2e functionality now meets and exceeds its 1e functionality throughout. Though a ton more is coming! This milestone is the point where everything you could do in 1e you can do in 2e, and the beginning of a lot more.
: Right now games still default to 1e, but as soon as 2e officially drops, 2e will be becoming the default. Existing games that are 1e stay that way. But if a loremaster changes an existing game to 2e, for now
the old 1e characters will still work, in a limited way, within 2e rules. Very limited: there are no useful items, no shadow scars, etc. but Narvi will do the best it can to support this weird hybrid mode. But it is strongly encouraged
that everyone make 2e sheets and then point Narvi at them in a 2e game as soon as possible. Not only will Narvi get a lot smarter once you do, that hybrid mode is not going to stay around forever.
: I know no one ever reads it. And I know the manual was very top-heavy. I did a total top-to-bottom rewrite. The new readme is much sleeker, about half as long as the old one, and much better organized, with an emphasis on "what do you need to do to get the best out of Narvi". I promise you will be surprised how quick it is to read, and how much you get out of doing so, especially loremasters.
: Yes, there are bugs! I don't know where yet, but they're in there. Expect some burbles in the coming days. Please report them with the `\bug` command or in the TOR/AiME discord at https://discord.me/theonering
in the #narvi channel.
I have to certify the Google API code with Google. Right now it's in a developer mode. Once FL gives us the final release, I expect there will be changes in both the Google Sheets template (possibly requiring you to recreate your character sheets) and Narvi. Bugs will be squashed. And a ton more 2e functionality is coming!
Changes This Version
- Google Sheets integration with my Google Sheets 2e character sheet.
- Narvi can also push out updates to frequently changed things (e.g., endurance, wounds, treasure) to the sheet.
- When you do manual updates to the sheet, \char refresh forces Narvi to reread it.
- 2e updates like Strength, Scan, shadow scars, which columns Explore and Hunting are in, what is used to break ties in initiative, etc. to get Narvi's 2e functionality at least to parity with 1e.
- New improved \sheet displays including compact, skills, rewards, and virtues.
- Automatically apply TNs to rolls, and make them favored.
- Wounds set to 0 days to recovery automatically clear when you \end combat.
- \action <action> automatically handles most actions, does the rolls, records temporary bonus and parry, etc.
- \attack automatically gives you +1d or -1d based on stance. \foe does the same when you're attacked.
- Character names can include spaces and diacriticals.
- \r options for hope (spend 1 hope, gain a bonus die), inspired (same thing but 2 dice), and magical (force a magical success).
- \company commands for prolonged, short, short with song, safe, and arrival rests, fellowship phase, and applying hope or fatigue en masse
- Rolls automatically apply a Useful Item if applicable (unless noitem is added to the command).
- Roll embeds include a link back to the character sheet on Google Sheets.