ManBearTroll

Re: Cthulhu year zero engine news ?

Sun 09 Oct 2022, 15:22

Again nothing new in the Free League Update, just wondering if the RPG is ever going to see the light of day.
As "Cthulhu is the bacon of the gaming industry" they should have moved on it. As far as I see, they have a excellent stress handling system in there Alien game, and I have not been reading my Blade Runner PDF (think they sent it to me), to see how there investigation ideas turned out. So they have some baselines for making a a real horror game.

Anyhow, if they someday get they around to it, I hop they focus it around modern days. As a non-american, I can't really 100% get around the 1920's era. And I think horror, is about relating to your real life.
---------------------
-ManBearTroll

SaFe

Tue 29 Nov 2022, 14:01

Still no news. This is sad, even a response like the book is delayed would be a life sign.

If you look at the comment section on the Cthulhu kickstarter by Fria Ligan there are at least a dozen unanswered questions till 2021 concerning the state of the promised rpg.
After the announcement of several other books in the last year, i would like to hear at least a comment about the status of the project, after all it was a promised and unlocked kickstarter item.

In the past i had the most positive impression at Fria Ligan, but this silence is dissapointing.

borusa100

Wed 07 Dec 2022, 23:22

It would be a great idea.

iuzzef

Fri 13 Jan 2023, 21:25

There are some mentions of progress in the official Free League Discord
There is also a great homebrew by user "Saiya"
But for now is a Cthulhu Schrödinger Zero

ChrilleT

Tue 17 Jan 2023, 09:13

One of the authors for the rules section has mentioned on discord (28Dec-22) that he is working as a freelancer on the rule section and that work is ongoing.
He also mentioned that normally work is done on a game before Free League announces it, here it was unlocked through a stretch goal so all the work is coming after the announcement so it might not come out as fast as we are used to.

Kaybe

Fri 03 Mar 2023, 00:37

I too would love to see news on this. Free League have already proven they are great at handling horror RPGs and I think Year Zero would work great with Lovecraft.

And before you say that Cthulhu games are cliché and everywhere, do note that Free League is working on a zombie RPG which is even more cliché and everywhere, lol.

Anung

Wed 19 Apr 2023, 09:56

"PCthulhu" — or is it “Wokethulhu”?
unnecessary poke, i feel like.

SaFe

Thu 27 Apr 2023, 14:19

Another live Free League Update and again no news about the promised (several years ago) Cthulhu RPG. Even the questions from the backers of the Call of Cthulhu kickstarter are simply ignored by Fria Ligan - sad and very disapointing.

Odbardaw

Fri 28 Apr 2023, 07:04

I hope they will add a solo mode for this game, like Strider Mode for TOR. Lovecraftian stories are generally antitheses of group play and RPG which has the mechanics for not only large table, but solo and 1 on 1 stories feel like a no-brainer.

Odbardaw

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 22:51

One of the authors for the rules section has mentioned on discord (28Dec-22) that he is working as a freelancer on the rule section and that work is ongoing.
He also mentioned that normally work is done on a game before Free League announces it, here it was unlocked through a stretch goal so all the work is coming after the announcement so it might not come out as fast as we are used to.
Do you have the link to this conversation by any chance?