BlissRage
Topic Author

Mutant Power When Broken

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 20:32

We had broken mutant whose critical injury was healed, but the Back Up roll had not been made and was not allowed since time had not passed and other PC in separate cage.

Question was if they could use mutation while broken. I said yes because even though in combat they could only do a maneuver and mutation power is a slow action, that outside of combat they use acid spit on lock. But should that have been allowed, or mutations only usable once you're back on your feet (i.e. have at least one in each attribute)?

Fenhorn

Re: Mutant Power When Broken

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 21:29

When broken, you cannot use any skills, perform actions or activate mutations (not even reactive ones). You can, however perform one maneuver per turn (page 80).
A skill use, an action or a mutation activation is still a skill use, an action or a mutation activation regardless if you are in combat or not. You don't have to keep track of your actions and maneuvers outside combat perhaps but they are the same regardless. If you are broken by exhaustion (agility) then you are exhausted until you recover one point of agility, regardless if it is combat or not.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Shads

Mon 15 Mar 2021, 23:15

I flex depending on the situation
One player was buried in avalanche, periced by a tree and bleeding out.

Broken af.
They had one shot to heal themselfs, but asked if they could use the animal ability *bark /howl * to see if they could call for help.

I allowed it though technically I shouldn't have.
But they had one chance to save themselfs
With the howl I allowed an NPC with absolute shit in heal to find em and give it a try.

Why?
I thought it was creative and good use of their power, sure they could just call for help but went straight to use the ability witch burn a feral point, but also gave em one ITSY BITSY extra chance to survive.

Now they where a healer themselfs so they managed on thier own, but was now buried and suffocating slowly

Eergo

The odd where so agenst them, I thought it fitting to give them and extra chance and reward logical play.

Always say *for the sake of this instince IL allow it * if you want to bend the rules *remember rule of cool * but not set a preset they can exploit down the line :3

BlissRage
Topic Author

Mon 15 Mar 2021, 23:56

Yep bend or break rule with everyone buying in and it's because it fits and is cool jams :-D