silverfoxdmt73

Re: T2000 Variant Campaigns

Mon 04 Jul 2022, 12:32

You might also want to check out "First Contact : X-Corps". It was an RPG Kickstarter I backed years ago. Never played it in the end but it covers defense by Earth against an alien invasion.

Ah, I think I got a pdf of that one - inspired by the X-COM series of PC games. Yeah, I might take another look at that one.

I'm sure someone mentioned Living Steel a while back, which was an alien invasion based RPG too? But I seem to remember it was insanely crunchy rules and possibly done by the same company that published an ALIENS game in the '90s (?)

Jedo

Tue 12 Jul 2022, 15:18

While recently rewatching Battle: Los Angeles I definitely got to thinking about a T2K alien invasion campaign once the Urban Operations supplement comes out.

silverfoxdmt73

Wed 13 Jul 2022, 08:56

While recently rewatching Battle: Los Angeles I definitely got to thinking about a T2K alien invasion campaign once the Urban Operations supplement comes out.

Yeah, there's definitely some appeal to something like that.

Urban Operations sounds like it will have some useful information in there, so I might have to pick it up.

pelorus
Topic Author

Wed 13 Jul 2022, 20:14

One of the two alien incursions I'm working on is similar to BLA. Air superiority, kind of the opposite of the Tripods.
--
Have a look at "Nor Gloom Of Night" for T2K4 (A post-apocalyptic setting of hope)
CZTERY - 4 Mystery Scenarios for T2K4
Twilight Tangents - psychics and zombies for T2k4
http://www.lategaming.com/buy-the-books/

BradClark68

Sat 23 Jul 2022, 01:01

I started my players off as escaped POWs from a KGB extermination Unit.Now they are trying to get back to Allied lines and are getting involved in a quasi resistance movement.

Midnightplat

Sun 24 Jul 2022, 09:46

You might also want to check out "First Contact : X-Corps". It was an RPG Kickstarter I backed years ago. Never played it in the end but it covers defense by Earth against an alien invasion.

Ah, I think I got a pdf of that one - inspired by the X-COM series of PC games. Yeah, I might take another look at that one.

I'm sure someone mentioned Living Steel a while back, which was an alien invasion based RPG too? But I seem to remember it was insanely crunchy rules and possibly done by the same company that published an ALIENS game in the '90s (?)
Phoenix Command was a very crunchy modern combat system (with melee/hand to hand combat supplement that IIRC was almost an entirely different game) put out by Leading Edge Games. Living Steel was Leading Edge's first effort at porting that monster into a ttrpg. It was slickly produced and heavily advertised ... don't know anyone who played it. Most have had some success or critical acclaim though since they did land the license for Aliens the Adventure Game (and I think they might have had a board game too) that I believe further streamlined the rules. I remember 2 seconds of combat between four marines and four similarly capable NPCs taking about two hours....

A combat system based on most versions of X-Com would I think be more playable as a lot of X-Com ENEMY UNKNOWN anticipates the action economy of a lot of contemporary TTRPGs.