InHarmsWay
Topic Author

Galaxy Map Coordinates List

Mon 13 Jul 2020, 19:24

I always found it hard to find specific locations on the Alien RPG map so I went over the map and wrote down every single location along with coordinates and page they are on in the book.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qqd_Vw ... Gf25j/view

Sgt_Benner_USMC

Re: Galaxy Map Coordinates List

Fri 17 Jul 2020, 14:32

Thank you... I appreciate the effort!

Gebohq

Sun 19 Jul 2020, 06:28

Neato! For the ones that weren't given page numbers in the book, how'd you determine the coordinates/locations?

I ask in part because I'd like to further fill out my "GM Star Map" version where I circled/noted locations I could find in the RPG books and which I could find on the AvP wiki, and I'd like to expand on them if I can. Thanks!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

InHarmsWay
Topic Author

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 01:52

Neato! For the ones that weren't given page numbers in the book, how'd you determine the coordinates/locations?

I ask in part because I'd like to further fill out my "GM Star Map" version where I circled/noted locations I could find in the RPG books and which I could find on the AvP wiki, and I'd like to expand on them if I can. Thanks!
I used the grids on the map. Each grid is just 1. You start from Sol (which is 0, 0) and move according to the coordinate address. For example, LV-426 is 1.5, -11.5. So that means you go over right by 1.5 squares and down 11.5 squares.

Gebohq

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 07:49

I used the grids on the map. Each grid is just 1. You start from Sol (which is 0, 0) and move according to the coordinate address. For example, LV-426 is 1.5, -11.5. So that means you go over right by 1.5 squares and down 11.5 squares.
Sorry, I should clarify my question with examples:

An example of a location given in the RPG book:
17 Phei Phei (Znoy Outpost): -1, -4. Union Of Progressive Peoples. Pg 258.

An example presumably NOT provided in the RPG book:
Mu Cassiopeiae: -4, 5. Union Of Progressive Peoples.

How did you determine that the above, for example, was at -4, 5. I get what the numbers mean, but I don't get how you figured out said location was there. Moreover, I'm not even sure I know of some of these locations at least from the AvP wiki. What are your sources? Or are they created by you?

InHarmsWay
Topic Author

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 16:58

How did you determine that the above, for example, was at -4, 5. I get what the numbers mean, but I don't get how you figured out said location was there. Moreover, I'm not even sure I know of some of these locations at least from the AvP wiki. What are your sources? Or are they created by you?
Okay that is a mistake. Mu Cassiopeiae is -4, 6 not -4, 5.

I got my locations by going over every inch of the large map provided by the Alien RPG kit.

I make mention of some locations not seen on the map, but I don't have coordinates for them.

Gebohq

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 17:58

Okay that is a mistake. Mu Cassiopeiae is -4, 6 not -4, 5.

I got my locations by going over every inch of the large map provided by the Alien RPG kit.

I make mention of some locations not seen on the map, but I don't have coordinates for them.
Ah, I guess there's more information on the map that came with the kit than when's in the core book then, or I'm REALLY bad at noticing the info available, because I tried to mark every spot on the map in the book that was mentioned in the RPG materials (red) or that I could find on the AvP wiki with some very select exceptions (green) and your list still seems to contain a crapload more that I didn't account for.
The list you made is amazing and I'd like to further fill out the map I have, though I've been omitting entries that just have a name, or have a name in the wiki for example but no 'official' coordinates. That's why I've been bugging about this. :)

InHarmsWay
Topic Author

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 18:16

Ah, there's your problem. The rulebook map has way less details than the full sized map.

Gebohq

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 18:30

Ah, there's your problem. The rulebook map has way less details than the full sized map.
Argh, looks like I got to get me a copy of that map then. D: Or at least cross-reference what you wrote up...

InHarmsWay
Topic Author

Mon 20 Jul 2020, 19:06

Argh, looks like I got to get me a copy of that map then. D: Or at least cross-reference what you wrote up...
I just realized that the rulebook map doesn't even have planet 4 or Origae-6 on it. Geez...