changeling.jack
Topic Author

Gauss carbine and scrap thrower details

Tue 23 Jun 2020, 15:16

Are there descriptions for the "scrap thrower" and "Gauss carbine" anywhere? Both are listed in the table on M:E p. 75. The scrap thrower sounds like something that throws scrap items from your inventory (Like Fallout's junk jet), but I can't find anywhere that explains how it works. The Gauss carbine is not listed on the List of Artifacts table on p. 134, nor does it have an artifact description or a listing in the Index. Does anybody know if any info for this exists in the Swedish version?

Fenhorn

Re: Gauss carbine and scrap thrower details

Tue 23 Jun 2020, 15:35

The gauss carbine isn't listed in the Swedish book either, but the stats are in the table so at least we have that.

The weapon listed in the table that I can think of when you say "scrap thrower" is thrown scrap (SWE=Kastat skrot). It is first weapon on the list and if it is that, it is just a funny translation miss. If it is something else, please write the stats for it so we can guess what it is.

... and btw, "thrown scrap" have no bonus, one damage, short range of course cost nothing.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

DruidGamer

Tue 23 Jun 2020, 22:26

Scrap Thrower (listed between Scrap Rifle & Stun Gun, 4th line on chart): bonus +1, Damage 2, range Short, cost 3, comment: Full-auto.

Fenhorn

Tue 23 Jun 2020, 22:43

Scrap Thrower (listed between Scrap Rifle & Stun Gun, 4th line on chart): bonus +1, Damage 2, range Short, cost 3, comment: Full-auto.
That weapon is called 'Skrotspruta' in Swedish and is a scrap machinegun or scrap smg more likely.

changeling.jack
Topic Author

Wed 24 Jun 2020, 15:37

That makes way more sense than a junk jet, thanks for the info.

changeling.jack
Topic Author

Fri 26 Jun 2020, 14:38

I just noticed that there is also no Artifact entry for the "stun whip" between the stun baton and the laser welder on the Close Combat Weapons table, M:E p. 74. (+1 Bonus, Weapon Damage 1, Near range, cost 3 credits, "Inflicts D6 fatigue. Energy weapon."). There is actually no other reference to it I can find in the book, nor does it appear to be a duplicate from any of the preceding English rulebooks. The Comment is the same as the stun baton, but they both function much differently from the stun gun on the Ranged Weapons table so I'm curious if this one got clipped during editing.

Fenhorn

Fri 26 Jun 2020, 15:09

I just noticed that there is also no Artifact entry for the "stun whip" between the stun baton and the laser welder on the Close Combat Weapons table, M:E p. 74. (+1 Bonus, Weapon Damage 1, Near range, cost 3 credits, "Inflicts D6 fatigue. Energy weapon."). There is actually no other reference to it I can find in the book, nor does it appear to be a duplicate from any of the preceding English rulebooks. The Comment is the same as the stun baton, but they both function much differently from the stun gun on the Ranged Weapons table so I'm curious if this one got clipped during editing.
I know that the laser welder exists in Mechatron. Stun whip has no entry in the artifact list, but it is just another type of melee weapon that works the same as the stun baton. I don't know why they don't have an entry in the artifact list to be honest. I can't say that it is a big deal, the stats are there.

changeling.jack
Topic Author

Fri 26 Jun 2020, 20:12

OK. Thanks again