whiteclintonj
Topic Author

2 Questions about Mork Borg

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 05:17

1. On page 29 under violence it states that creatures and enemies don't roll dice in combat. Then in the back cover under abilities and tests it says Creatures don't add any ability, only roll an unmodified d20 against the DR. Could someone explain this to me. Am I missing something. Both state creatures but give different rules. If the creatures on the back cover is referring to Player Characters then why wouldn't you add the ability scores.

On page 27 for carrying capacity. It says a character can carry strength +8 of normal sized items. What happens if you have a backpack or sack? Does that increase the amount of normal items a character can carry before a penalty is applied. How does this work?

Thanks for the help.

Valyar

Re: 2 Questions about Mork Borg

Tue 09 Jun 2020, 19:43

1. This statement is related to out of combat activities of NPCs.
2. Backpack and sacks are containers. They don't increase your load, just allows you to store items inside. This is my interpretation of the rules.

BlissRage

Re: 2 Questions about Mork Borg

Fri 03 Jun 2022, 19:55

My take on containers, and trying to stay rules light, is similar to Forbidden Lands where they are simply needed to carry other stuff.
Example: in FL you need waterskin to carry water. If you do not have a waterskin, you cannot do more than drink water when you find it and not carry it. Similar with backpack.
In FL, since you start with these items and they do not themselves encumber PC, you might wonder "why even have them?"

Well, mishaps and stuff happens, and then your PC no longer has a backpack and can only carry what they can fit in their hands which is a pain, and a backpack does have a decent, hefty cost :)